Hello from West London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Liza

Hi everyone,

A quick introduction, I’m Elize (Liza), from London. Picked up my 1[sup]st[/sup] ever road bike this weekend. I was convinced that I had to get one after visiting the Cycle Show at Earls Court last year and not to mention my housemate’s comments about how badly I needed a proper bike, guess you never know what you’ve been missing till you have it (now I know).

I know almost nothing about cycling but hope that my enthusiasm will make up for that. I did manage to patch my 1[sup]st[/sup] flat after only 2 days of having my bike; there is hope for me yet.

I look forward to having a great time on my new bike and hope to share some off those times with some of you fine folk.

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Welcome Liza!
wave.gif

Fixing 1st flat after only 2 days? May the p******e fairy keep a wide berth from you from now!

OP
OP
Liza

Liza

Hey there!

I got the Specialized Dolce Womens 2011 - Road Bike.

I had a mini crash course on how to change gears on one in the store before heading home on it.

My poor housemate had a very stop go, stop go ride back to the house as my wingman, but other than that I enjoyed it very much.

I'm getting used to the gears, handle bars and opted for normal flat pedals for a start; I'll possibly upgrade these later.

What did you get?

Hello Liza - there are London Rides with CycleChat folk that usually head out from Wellington Arch - in the middle of Hyde Park Corner - meeting at 09:30 on Sundays...conversational, coffeebeanable and nothing dramatic 'Commuting without work' if you like.

Here. And of course, there is always the FNRttC...

Have fun! :smile:

redjedi

Über Member
Hello Elize, welcome to the forum

Good to see you've finally made a post. Now you can bother all these other people with your questions
whistling.gif

And where's the picture of your bike? If you don't put it up soon I'll have to do it.

Hello Liza - there are London Rides with CycleChat folk that usually head out from Wellington Arch - in the middle of Hyde Park Corner - meeting at 09:30 on Sundays...conversational, coffeebeanable and nothing dramatic 'Commuting without work' if you like.

Here. And of course, there is always the FNRttC...

Have fun! :smile:

She's fully aware of the Sunday and night rides Martin. I'll be dragging her along one Sunday very soon, the night ride may take a bit more convincing
biggrin.gif

She's fully aware of the Sunday and night rides Martin. I'll be dragging her along one Sunday very soon, the night ride may take a bit more convincing

Well - blow me! I should have realised, and worked it out by telepathic clacking balls, Luke! :rolleyes: Oh, never mind, she's obviously not impressed by your offers to chaperone, and show her the sights with your pea green thunderbolt so is going it alone and venturing into Cyclechat! :smile:

Tip for Liza: Don't overtake Luke too much once you get into the rythmn - he's a sensitive sort...and deffo don't talk about his 'celesteal' "body". WHEN you make a Sunday morning, just notice that all the pledge in the world will not make his Italian stallion donkey shine like Ian or Clive's Roubaix. (Not mentioning mine or big Mart's bikes because our bodies cover most of the superstructure, for one reason or the other... :whistle:)

Happy riding - despite your proximity to our favourite jedi...(Jedi just say that? :headshake:)

OP
OP
Liza

Liza

Thank you for suggesting the rides :thumbsup: , it sound like great fun, not sure I’m in shape for them yet though.

Guess I will have to join in and find out.

Guiddy

Hey there!

What did you get?

I ended up with a 2011 Specialized Allez Elite but tried all sorts of bikes, Giant Rapid 3 came close, as did a Forme Reve but the Spesh came up for a price I couldn't refuse!

My first ride involved going straight over a roundabout instead of giving way to the taxi on the right simply because I couldn't get to the brakes quick enough!:blush:
Otherwise it was OK! Flat pedals for me too, didn't want to complicate things even though I use Spds on my mountain bike!

Thank you for suggesting the rides :thumbsup: , it sound like great fun, not sure I’m in shape for them yet though.

Guess I will have to join in and find out.

Hi Liza
You don't need to be in shape for Sunday rides, they're not fast and there are plenty of wee/coffee stops for a bit of a rest! Everyone's very friendly and if you bat your eyelids nicely the boys will fix puntures for you! :biggrin: Perhaps we could head westish on your first one so you could bail early if needed. Luke's very good at looking after people so you won't go far wrong

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Welcome to the forum Liza and to the world of bikes and cycling!

Come along on a ride...I've been pretty poor in my attendance of the Sunday rides and haven't been out riding much myself (bahhh) but the pace of the rides are really sociable and they are always good fun! I just need to kick myself up the arse and get out again. Pop into the informal rides section, look under Sunday London Ride and come along.

Feel free to ask anything on the forum as people are so helpful and knowledgeable.

redjedi

Über Member
I've learnt to only read every other one of your posts Martin, and that would be why.

There's only so many puns one person can handle
thumbsup.png

OP
OP
Liza

Liza

Go towards the end for the latest news. I probably won't be on one for a few weeks, which will give you time to get match fit
biggrin.gif

Not a chance, I'll need more than a few weeks.

Top Bottom