Hello from West London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Not a chance, I'll need more than a few weeks.

honestly you won't need to - if you want, there's the offer from me to meet up for a very lazy pootle ride (I live South East so somewhere mutually easy to get to would be good), for selfish reasons (need to force myself out on a ride)

and it's no pressure, riding with another female forum member...however, take your time to get ready to come on a ride.

If the offer interests you -PM me.

tt

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Hi Liza
You don't need to be in shape for Sunday rides, they're not fast and there are plenty of wee/coffee stops for a bit of a rest! Everyone's very friendly and if you bat your eyelids nicely the boys will fix puntures for you!

Sorry Becs, but that's utter bull. I've been batting my eyelids at all the boys and still they make me fix my own. Maybe I'm not doing it right...

The bit about wee stops is true though. In fact, the main challenge of the SLR is getting the right balance of liquids in and out. So skilled are we in the art of the McPiss that MistaPreston has had to introduce the '2 pairs of gloves and 3 pairs of trousers' rule just to keep it interesting.

frank9755

Cyclist
Sorry Becs, but that's utter bull. I've been batting my eyelids at all the boys and still they make me fix my own. Maybe I'm not doing it right...

I wondered why you'd been looking at me a bit funnily! I can't take a hint...

Liza, as others say, the Sunday rides are really more of a social event and a chance to look round obscure bits of London we wouldn't otherwise see, and a way of filling in the gaps between cafes. No training or specific level of fitness required!

martint235

Dog on a bike

The bit about wee stops is true though. In fact, the main challenge of the SLR is getting the right balance of liquids in and out. So skilled are we in the art of the McPiss that MistaPreston has had to introduce the '2 pairs of gloves and 3 pairs of trousers' rule just to keep it interesting.

No one else can figure out how to get a wheel off that contraption of yours so you'll be batting your eyelids for a few years yet...

Hi Liza and welcome. As everyone else has said, Sunday ride isn't challenging in the slightest, it should really be renamed Sunday Morning Coffee with a bit of cycling in between.

Unfortunately I'm not out for the next couple of weeks (same rides as Luke is doing) but I'm sure someone will be around on Sunday.

OP
OP
Liza

Liza

It’s weekend, whoop whoop !!

I will be doing a slow session tomorrow around Richmond Park, time to officially break in my new bike by covering some distance. Spent some time tonight putting on new tyres and am now good to go.

No amount of eyelash batting helped my situations but was surprised at the comment “Ah you did that all yourself ?” all surprised...:tongue:

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Excellent news!!

I'd echo the above comments - Sunday rides are a sedate affair and really easy going!

Have fun at Richmond Park!!

OP
OP
Liza

Liza

Wow!! Richmond Park on Saturday was goooood, other than the fact that I think a tortoise could have walk the hills faster than I cycled :smile:, and at the end of it I was completely wiped out ;).

Oh boy…I have a long way to go, but it was fab to get out in the open air. I will be giving it another go this weekend.

Guiddy

...the fact that I think a tortoise could have walk the hills faster than I cycled :smile:, and at the end of it I was completely wiped out ;).
Oh boy…I have a long way to go...

Keep at it Liza, you'll be amazed how even each ride brings a noticable improvement!
After each ride I am still puffing like a steam engine but at least starting to enjoy it again!:blush:

OP
OP
Liza

Liza

Doing my first London ride tomorrow:thumbsup:. Weather is looking up a little bit. Been testing my new clip less pedals today, complete new experience for me, but I like it!!!:laugh:.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Good stuff Liza. look forward to meeting you tomorrow. I will be dragging TTCycle with me to HPC. And the weather seems to be looking better for tomorrow.

OP
OP
Liza

Liza

Today was great!!!!. Nice to have met you Ian and you to TTCycle :biggrin:, looking forward to many more of these.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
it was very nice to meet you Liza, how did you feel when you got home?

you got that clipless moment out the way in style :thumbsup:

.................. we were watching the guards and she just slid over to the left
then got up with a big smile

OP
OP
Liza

Liza

Thanks Topcat, it was one of those... oh well it’s too late now moments...just go with it. To be honest, I didn’t quite register what was happening until it was way too late :blush:. I’m glad the boys were able to bend back my handle bar without damage, thank you guys!!

I was nice and tired by the time I got home, (Luke took it easy on me on the way back) but it felt really good having spent some time outside and it was lovely to be out with you and rest of thesuch a lovely bunch of peole.

I made a point to stretch before settling down for the rest of the day but not before cleaning my bike of course.

This morning at work I could feel my calves a little bit. I will have to get a good night’s rest as I have a squash match setup with my boss tomorrow after work...girls in my team are placing bets on who’s the favourite to win. Haven’t played in years so it should be loads of fun.

Oi! Enough of the posting in newbies section, you! Get into the Café, and flex those calves in Informal Rides...ask a few questions about the FNRttC maybe...(don't bother asking Luke as he's obviously useless if he let you ride with that lump of plastic on the back wheel.) :smile:
Good luck with the squash. I like them stuffed with veg and all sorts of nice things vegetarian. Why are you having a cooking competition with your boss anyway?

:rolleyes:

Top Bottom