Helmets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's what I like about this place!
Most other forums that I hang out on, if someone had come along with a similar 'starter' question, I can guarantee that among the helpful responses, there would have been a good smattering of...

"FFS! This again?"
"Take a look at the box up there. It's called a search box for a reason."

etc etc
Or (and this is a personal bugbear of mine - I understand why it happens, but it hacks me off no end), a mod just shifts the thread somewhere else without having the decency to even put a comment in to say they've done it.

But round here, people are patient, friendly and helpful.
Very odd...
:smile:

Now THAT is a first for a Helmet thread!

vickster

Legendary Member
I don't think budget has a lot to do with helmets as there are so many similar options at any given price point, at the bottom of the list behind fit, look, safety standards

From my understanding, cheaper helmets are heavier, less vented, less adjustable, may look a bit nasty...but if a £20 helmet feels better and fits better and looks better to the purchaser than a £100 helmet then all very well, ok it may get hotter on a long summer ride

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I don't think budget has a lot to do with helmets as there are so many similar options at any given price point, at the bottom of the list behind fit, look, safety standards

From my understanding, cheaper helmets are heavier, less vented, less adjustable, may look a bit nasty...but if a £20 helmet feels better and fits better and looks better to the purchaser than a £100 helmet then all very well, ok it may get hotter on a long summer ride

Or course budget matters, are we going to recommend the same helmets if some has a £40 budget compared a £200 budget?

vickster

Legendary Member
I would potentially yes if a £40 helmet works. I have a specialized echelon which is no more preferable for me than the much more expensive ones. Ones with larger or more vents don't work for me due to look of my hair through the vents!

I can't imagine spending £200 on a helmet, given my new £60 one was trashed in the blink of an eye in the accident!

Top Bottom