Help from North Yorks CC'S again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
After your wondeful input for our Market Weighton ride.Dave and me want to go to Easingwold.We shall come in on the same route.Wetherby,Long Marston,Acomb.If we can miss out York centre it would be good.Can we turn off somewhere like Long Marston.Please get your thinking caps on.A saturday in September is planned.Many thanks in advance.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Cycle to wetherby then head north up the old A1 now renamed the A168. Take a right turn signposted Whixley. Cross the Harrogate- York railway line cycle through Whixley and turn left when you reach the B6265.

Cycle past the Queen Ethelburger's entrance and take the next right signposted Little Ouseburn. Cycle through Little Ouseburn hea for Aldwark and cross the toll bridge (free for cyclists). Aim for Alne then Easingwold.

Easy peasey.

Haven't you got a decent map of north Yorks? An RAC North Yorkshire map would give you a head start with route planning.

Paladin - York

Ah! Easingwold - the centre of the universe?

I'm not too sure if the route I recently did is suitable for you "quicker" guys but after visiting Marston Moor, on the anniversary of the 1644 Civil War battle there earlier this month, I returned to near Easingwold via Whixley, Little Ouseburn, over Aldwark Toll Bridge (free to cyclists), Youlton, Alne (locally pronounced "Orn") and the minor road to Easingwold. The alternative to this minor road is the "shoulderless" A19 just to the east, scary, but some cyclists do it.

To get to Easingwold from Long Marston you have to cross the River Ouse at some point and this will either be via the Aldwark Toll Bridge, as already mentioned, or the York By-pass (also scary - for me) or going through the centre of York which you say you don't want to do.

Hope this is of some help.

Top Bottom