Helping to dispel a few common misconceptions about Africa (with a dash of sarcasm)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
I've always thought that whoever wrote "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" should go give their head a wobble as they live on what are basically plains, not the mighty jungle, it's, AFAIK Tigers in India that prefer to slumber there.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I've always thought that whoever wrote "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" should go give their head a wobble as they live on what are basically plains, not the mighty jungle, it's, AFAIK Tigers in India that prefer to slumber there.

Jungle means tangled vegetation, as distinct from [tropical] forest.

Many years ago, had a couple of superb holidays in Malindi, Kenya.
One day we went out for a game drive in an open topped minivan, hoping to catch sight of the big five.
The driver did his best to avoid one particular van that was full of American tourists, they tended to get over-excited and loud, and any potential wildlife sightings were significantly reduced.
Fantastic country and great memories.

Chris S

Legendary Member

It's a traditional Zulu song translated into English.

DRM

Guru
The driver did his best to avoid one particular van that was full of American tourists, they tended to get over-excited and loud, and any potential wildlife sightings were significantly reduced.
To be fair that's a tactic that's a good rule anywhere in the world, I have never come across people so bl**dy rude when on holiday

Top Bottom