Herne Hill Velodrome Sunday 21st September 12:00 -2:00

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Steve, speedy recovery!

Popping on as I think Half Moon is still closed since the floods.

I don't think I'll be on the track but if I remember I may cycle down and say hi.

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Steve Jnr
Steve's Friend
Nat
Gregor
Simon
ChrisO
RobM
JohnW
Alan H
Brendan
Jon George
Mark Ashley
Andrew_Culture
12 x Herts Wheelers
User1314

Last edited:

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I'm at the very least going to be there to say hi. I'm trying to work out if I can do a session (as thinking medium term of getting back into racing) - problem is I'm crap at riding the fixed dolan on the roads as even the journey from my place to the nearest station and Herne Hill station to the track is a faff...

Strokes chin...

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Oh yes, I will try and not crash this time ;) all my crashes have been on tracks - HH and Hillingdon. Doh!!

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Thanks Andrew.
Be good to see you TT you could always use a HH bike.

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Cost is £15 all in, if you use your own bike or theirs. The HH bikes all have pedals with straps but they will let you put your own pedals on.

Any money left over will go towards drinks after the session. Not sure which pub we are going to yet as the Half Moon is still shut. Any recommendations? would be nice to be able to get food too.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Right,
LET'S DO THIS!
I'll ride down on a geared bike (will check if the fixed has a SS freewheel which I'm certain it doesn't but will ride SS if it does if not I'll see if there's a bike available at HH)

and do my induction again to get my slip (if I don't crash this time!!)

Possible pub is The Prince Regent? Might be packed and as with the majority of pubs here a bit pricey but here's the link.

http://theprinceregent.co.uk

Top Bottom