Herne Hill Velodrome

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Yes for me too - I'm not online much these days but I will try and keep up to date with this, if time is good and I'm fit and healthy - Steve, do you mind if I PM you my mobile so you can let me know me what's happening. HH do hire out track bikes for those that need them- the fuji ones.

Hope to have some spinning on the velodrome!

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Had a reply from the chief coach saying yes we can book and it will be £65 per hour inclusive of bike hire and use of a helmet if needed for up to 15 riders. The only problem is he neglected to let me know of the free dates at the track. So I have sent another mail asking for a list of available dates. As soon as I have this I will post them here and we can make a choice.

TT of course you can PM me.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Thanks for doing the leg work steve, just a quick question though, these bikes they have, what sort of pedals do they use, ie SPD-SL's, Keo's, straps, etc?

BigSteev

Hilldodger said:
I'd come but I kick all your ar*es on my Penny:evil:

Don't be so sure, the competition there is pretty hot
4485606806_ec426dd92b.jpg

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
User1314 said:
Depending on the date,can I blag a place...

...for my 10 year old?

Or will there be insurance / H&S issues? He has done his induction at the track, on a couple of saturday mornings last Summer. I'm keen on encouraging him, and he does enjoy it.

May give it a go myself if I can sort out a new back wheel for my langster in time.

Crock
The £4.33 each per hour (based on 15 people) includes the bike hire so no excuses about new back wheels :sad:

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Ok had a mail back from Herne Hill asking what date and time we want I can only presume they do not have any bookings so all times must be available ;)

How about Sunday May 2nd. (The Monday is a Bank holiday)
They have a Women only session between 16:00 - 18:00 so we could book 14:00 - 16:00

Do we need the two hours? I think if we got 15 up for it we could do the 2 hours but if we had say 10 or less we may as well go for the hour. A few of things to bear in mind:

1. it is £65 per hour for the session one or fifteen people it is the same price, so if you commit to come please do not let the rest of us down.

2. If it is wet the track will be closed and we will have to rearrange.

3. The session includes the hire of a bike and helmet if needed. Same price if you want to ride your own bike.

4. Not certain yet but you may have to take your own pedals.

redjedi

Über Member
I was planning on doing the Isle of Wight Randonnee on the 2nd, but I'm not 100% on that.
If there is a good number for the 2nd then I will decide pronto.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
redjedi said:
I was planning on doing the Isle of Wight Randonnee on the 2nd, but I'm not 100% on that.
If there is a good number for the 2nd then I will decide pronto.

Also with the 'Smrbtl' after the 'fnrttc', the wee legs could be quite done in.... what begs the question about scrapping the 'Smrbtl' in aid of beers on Southend sea front and train back... but then again... Hmmmmm..... ;)

Na, ill be fine, am a man! :biggrin:

redjedi

Über Member
I've also signed up to the FNRttC ;)

I think I may miss the IOW this year as there are train restrictions on as well that weekend, so a little awkward to get to.

So put me on the list for now.

redjedi

Über Member
stevevw said:
Ok had a mail back from Herne Hill asking what date and time we want I can only presume they do not have any bookings so all times must be available :biggrin:

How about Sunday May 2nd. (The Monday is a Bank holiday)
They have a Women only session between 16:00 - 18:00 so we could book 14:00 - 16:00

I think a bigger safety buffer may be needed to protect the women from Davy ;):biggrin:

Do we need the two hours? I think if we got 15 up for it we could do the 2 hours but if we had say 10 or less we may as well go for the hour.

For me 2 hours would be nice, but it would depend on the numbers.
I have never ridden a fixed before so it would probably take the best part of an hour to get the hang of it, unless someone has a fixed they want to lend me to practice on :smile:

Top Bottom