Hi everyone, let me tell you how I got here..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boon 51

Veteran
Hi from me too...
Sorry to hear about your mishap but if you have any of the drivers details it might be worth following it up you never know..
Hope you get it sorted quickly.. :thumbsup:

jack smith

Veteran
Take them to a shop not sure if the right one is slightly bent

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Welcome Caronte!
The driver should pay for the repairs, actually, if the forks are bent she should pay for a new bike! :cursing:

OP
OP
C

caronte23

Hey guys, in the end I had to buy a new wheel because mine couldnt be straightened.. Got a nice raleigh rim.. the forks might be slightly bent but even the technitian said "its almost an optical illusion" and the wheel runs straight..
Still a pretty big bummer..
About the whole insurance thing I'm not sure actually who's fault it would be, because I was riding on the sidewalk at night with no lights... even though it was up a steep road..

Ganymede

Veteran
Hey guys, in the end I had to buy a new wheel because mine couldnt be straightened.. Got a nice raleigh rim.. the forks might be slightly bent but even the technitian said "its almost an optical illusion" and the wheel runs straight..
Still a pretty big bummer..
About the whole insurance thing I'm not sure actually who's fault it would be, because I was riding on the sidewalk at night with no lights... even though it was up a steep road..
Oh you bad boy. However, seems odd that the driver should be on the "sidewalk" too (where are you? USA?). I can see that that would create a little difficulty with the paperwork.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Now you have got here will you ever get out ?:hello:

screenman

Legendary Member
Oh you bad boy. However, seems odd that the driver should be on the "sidewalk" too (where are you? USA?). I can see that that would create a little difficulty with the paperwork.

Plenty of people have to cross a sidewalk to get off of their property. It was the cyclists fault.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Welcome to the site.

I guess you have come to terms with the responsibility that riding on a pavement in the dark , without lights requires. Hopefully this whole nasty experience will prove to be just that...experience.

stick to the roads, as I have stated before pavements are for peds and children on bikes...or those who wish to ride like them.

Those forks are defo messed up, the right arm looks like it is pointing west. But if the bike shop says its minimal perhaps its just the camera angle.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Awesome guys, tnx for your responses! I didn't think it was possible to straighten a bent rim, but is it trustworthy? I mean, would you be ok at speed?
Unfortunately the "motorist" wasn't willing to pay anything.. what should I do? Can't bear the hassle of getting a lawyer and everything for something like this..
After a second look at the bike I really hope the forks are fine, cause one seems ever so slightly warped, I'm not sure though, it might be my impression..
I'll post a pic..
Hi & welcome to the forums.

Glad you have a new wheel.
Sidewalk? Is that the same as a pavement?

OP
OP
C

caronte23

Welcome to the site.

I guess you have come to terms with the responsibility that riding on a pavement in the dark , without lights requires. Hopefully this whole nasty experience will prove to be just that...experience.

stick to the roads, as I have stated before pavements are for peds and children on bikes...or those who wish to ride like them.

Those forks are defo messed up, the right arm looks like it is pointing west. But if the bike shop says its minimal perhaps its just the camera angle.

Yep I really didn't expect that car coming, it was out of a parking lot underneath a building, out of a blind spot..
About the fork bend you mean east? At least that's what it looks like to me, it might be slightly bent but not to a degree where I can actually feel it or see the wheel out of alignment.. I think I'll keep it like this for now, I've seen also that on ebay forks aren't too expensive, if anything I'll change them later.. BTW how would I know which ones are right for my frame?

Top Bottom