hi from Glasgow Newbie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spangle

Hi newbie from Glasgow here, just got a new fixed gear bike and have been putting in some mile this week. sunday 25 miles round Loch Lomond . monday Edinburgh via the the canals 63 miles, paisley 15 miles , wednesday Ayr 35 miles and lochwhinoch yesterday 30 miles

I have been getting thinly vieled contempt looks from cycle people for my fixie .. haha but it seriously goes from old hybrid and prmpted more riding which is good right?

3 questions

1.How do I put a photo and add my info, i went to add my info but cant seem too do it!

2.Any glasgow people want a bike buddy hoping to up their fitness to a decent level?

3. Does any one get burning legs after along ride or info on it ? im talking about what feels like sunburn deep in the muscles. Not painful just like they are hot.

bauldbairn

Hi newbie from Glasgow here, just got a new fixed gear bike and have been putting in some mile this week. sunday 25 miles round Loch Lomond.

One of our members "Mad Doug" regularilly cycles around those parts on his new TT cycle. B)

Hello spangle and welcome to the CC forums. :smile:

Hiya spangle

1. To add a photo to the one off post you just use the full editor and attach a photo, or alternatively up load it to an image hosting site and click the insert image icon.
To update your personal details or add an Avatar you just click 'signed in as spangle' (top right) and then go to 'my profile' and 'edit my profile'.

2. Unfortunately I'm an east coaster so I can't help you there :rolleyes: but there's a few forumer's that hail from the west.

3. Burning legs can be a sign of lack of fitness overdoing it. I used to get it when I was new to cycling but as I've got fitter, touch wood I never had it again.

Coco

Hi spangle. Welcome to the forum, I'm in Glasgow too (well, Rutherglen) . I'll try to organise a CC West ride soon, so hopefully you'll meet some of the people here.

Or you could head over to the East on Sunday

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
One of our members "Mad Doug" regularilly cycles around those parts on his new TT cycle. B)

Hello spangle and welcome to the CC forums. :smile:

My reputation goes before me I see.

Yes hello there, I live in Dumbarton (for my sins) and I do cycle round about Loch Lomond.
If you are going for a cycle round here and want someone to come along with you, just give me a shout.

By the way, it's not a new TT bike ...well, ok, it is, but it's an 'new old' bike, seeing as it was second hand :laugh:.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Hi newbie from Glasgow here, just got a new fixed gear bike and have been putting in some mile this week. sunday 25 miles round Loch Lomond . monday Edinburgh via the the canals 63 miles, paisley 15 miles , wednesday Ayr 35 miles and lochwhinoch yesterday 30 miles

I have been getting thinly vieled contempt looks from cycle people for my fixie
.. haha but it seriously goes from old hybrid and prmpted more riding which is good right?

:hello: spangle and :welcome: to CycleChat :wahhey: !

Over here in Embra, those looks you are getting are not 'contempt' - they are 'respect' :surrender:

We look forward to meeting you and fixie on a CC Ecosse Forum Ride ..... you can keep Touche company (though rumour has it that he has put on a smaller gear :eek:).

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Sent you a PM asking if you wanted to meet up for a ride, but, anyway.

Joe54

Hello and welcome. I am not nearly a fit as you but non the less enjoy my wee toddles on a hybrid in the south side.

OP
OP
spangle

spangle

Sent you a PM asking if you wanted to meet up for a ride, but, anyway.

Hi Doug, thanks for the message, Im just getting to grips with this forum .I thought it would send me an email telling me if I got a reply , it didnt , so sorry aboutt he reply.

Im trying to build up fitness and lose weight , Im trying to do 90 minutes a day on the bike. . As Im on fixie , Im not reeally going for speed just interesting routes.

Have you got any routes youve got your eye on ? its been a bit hit and miss I did a bit of run last night and headed out to barrhead but then got hit by some serious climbing ....managed to get to dalry though.(25 miles.) I tend to go somewhere till im tiresd and then get train back.

Glasgow to edinburgh via the canal was a challenge though !! 63 miles.. 6 hours in the saddle ha ..real great sense of achievement and great trip.

Top Bottom