hi from Glasgow Newbie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
spangle

spangle

Hiya spangle

1. To add a photo to the one off post you just use the full editor and attach a photo, or alternatively up load it to an image hosting site and click the insert image icon.
To update your personal details or add an Avatar you just click 'signed in as spangle' (top right) and then go to 'my profile' and 'edit my profile'.

2. Unfortunately I'm an east coaster so I can't help you there :rolleyes: but there's a few forumer's that hail from the west.

3. Burning legs can be a sign of lack of fitness overdoing it. I used to get it when I was new to cycling but as I've got fitter, touch wood I never had it again.

Thanks alot for all that advice and sorry for delay in repliyng !! building up the fitness so legs not burning as much

OP
OP
spangle

spangle

Welcome. Hope you find this place as comfortable ad I did.

John :thumbsup:

thanks ..

OP
OP
spangle

spangle

Hello and welcome. I am not nearly a fit as you but non the less enjoy my wee toddles on a hybrid in the south side.

Im not fit at all ..! But im putting myself on a regime to atttempt to get fit .Where do you cycle to ? how long do you go out for ..1m 60 -90 minutes.

OP
OP
spangle

spangle

Hi spangle. Welcome to the forum, I'm in Glasgow too (well, Rutherglen) . I'll try to organise a CC West ride soon, so hopefully you'll meet some of the people here.

Or you could head over to the East on Sunday

Definitely keep me in formed of cc west ride ..How long are tyour rides for ?? and where abouts do you go to?

OP
OP
spangle

spangle

:hello: spangle and :welcome: to CycleChat :wahhey: !

Over here in Embra, those looks you are getting are not 'contempt' - they are 'respect' :surrender:

We look forward to meeting you and fixie on a CC Ecosse Forum Ride ..... you can keep Touche company (though rumour has it that he has put on a smaller gear :eek:).

CC ecosse forum ride ? I dodnt know what that is but im looking into it ! and definitely up for rides.

Joe54

Im not fit at all ..! But im putting myself on a regime to atttempt to get fit .Where do you cycle to ? how long do you go out for ..1m 60 -90 minutes.

Until they get to grips with the potholes which are all over the place in the south side I have been sticking to cycle paths. Target is to get to a level of fitness to tackle the route from Crookstone Rd to Lochwinnoch.

Pollok country park can be quite pleasant and has a MB track but too much for my hybrid.

CC ecosse forum ride ? I dodnt know what that is but im looking into it ! and definitely up for rides.

The next one is in Stirling, Sunday 29th, starting 10:30 in the Tescos carpark (a bit of a cc tradition ;) ) we hope to see you there, more info is in this thread , we've also got other rides like the PfC coming up, keep an eye on the CC and informal rides section :smile:

OP
OP
spangle

spangle

Im on the southside too.

Yes Im doing those trips.. The lochwinnoch trip is great up to castle semple. You wouldnt need to do the entrie track to get to this .Its about 7 or 8 miles from the paisley canal start.

Today I did paisley to port glasgow (well southside to port glasgow.) really beautiful sites and perfect track past bridge of weir.

Go for it and get the train back That what i do !!
Until they get to grips with the potholes which are all over the place in the south side I have been sticking to cycle paths. Target is to get to a level of fitness to tackle the route from Crookstone Rd to Lochwinnoch.

Pollok country park can be quite pleasant and has a MB track but too much for my hybrid.

OP
OP
spangle

spangle

The next one is in Stirling, Sunday 29th, starting 10:30 in the Tescos carpark (a bit of a cc tradition ;) ) we hope to see you there, more info is in this thread , we've also got other rides like the PfC coming up, keep an eye on the CC and informal rides section :smile:

sounds great is there a track all the way .. How many miles is that ??

Joe54

Im on the southside too.

Yes Im doing those trips.. The lochwinnoch trip is great up to castle semple. You wouldnt need to do the entrie track to get to this .Its about 7 or 8 miles from the paisley canal start.

Today I did paisley to port glasgow (well southside to port glasgow.) really beautiful sites and perfect track past bridge of weir.

Go for it and get the train back That what i do !!

Thanks for your input

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Hi Doug, thanks for the message, Im just getting to grips with this forum .I thought it would send me an email telling me if I got a reply , it didnt , so sorry aboutt he reply.

Im trying to build up fitness and lose weight , Im trying to do 90 minutes a day on the bike. . As Im on fixie , Im not reeally going for speed just interesting routes.

Have you got any routes youve got your eye on ?

I just go where ever I fancy going to, I never go out with a specific route in my head (well, ok, I do have a rough idea of where I want to go, but I don't plan things exactly).
If there is anywhere you are thinking of, let me know, as Barrhead, etc does sound interesting, seeing as I've never cycled over in those parts before, and I am still very much in explorer mode at the moment.

its been a bit hit and miss I did a bit of run last night and headed out to barrhead but then got hit by some serious climbing ....managed to get to dalry though.(25 miles.) I tend to go somewhere till im tiresd and then get train back.

I ventured into the South Side for the first time on Monday morning, but ended up just faffing around (exploring roads which I had only ever seen from the M8 and the train) in Erskine, Renfrew, Paisely and Bishopton. Nothing amazing, although I had come along the A82 and over the Erskine Bridge and I would have gone back over that way but for a puncture.

Glasgow to edinburgh via the canal was a challenge though !! 63 miles.. 6 hours in the saddle ha ..real great sense of achievement and great trip.

I've done that a few times in the past, but not within the last few years. Wouldn't mind giving it a bash in the .....oh crap, I have just remembered, my darling Dad, for some reason best known to himself, entered me into the Pedal For Scotland event, so yes, I WILL be doing Glasgow - Edinburgh in September, Gah!! :rolleyes:

He also entered me into the Sky Ride ...again, without asking me ...so if you and any other forum members are doing that, then why not meet up??

Anyway, yes, I will really have to get along to one of these Ecosse rides, and the distances don't look too bad either.

Top Bottom