Hi from Gosport, Hants

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeO

I'd just like to say hi to you all, i'm Mike and just got back into biking. I've only just bought my new MTB, a 2010 Specialized Rockhopper SL Pro. I ride a short distance into work each day a couple of miles each way, but bought the bike mainly as a means of getting fit and hopefully keeping that way. I use it most days after work for riding either in the afternoons or evenings and average about 70 to 80 miles per week. Hoping to do some serious off-roading very shortly and can't wait to do some good trails and get dirty!!
BTW i'm 53 but fairly fit as I work as a postie, done this for the last ten years since leaving the navy.
This looks to be a great forum :smile:

TechMech

Welcome to the forums mate :smile:

I was born in Portsmouth, but we lived in Gosport for my first 7 years. Elson lane near the fort thingy (Brockhurst I think), do you know it?

OP
OP
MikeO

MikeO

Hello mate, cheers :smile:
yep I know Elson Lane and Fort Brockhurst, in fact my favourite Indian is down the Elson Road, The Akash Balti Tandoori !!

Hello MikeO and welcome along! :smile:

I lived in Southsea with a girlfriend whilst she 'tried' un for a year! Nice place.

Wish I was into cycling then as I'd have been in Wiggle all the time (if it was there then)!

Get stuck in and hope you enjoy the forum as much as your cycling!

OP
OP
MikeO

MikeO

Thanks for the welcome Dayvo and Numbnuts, just been reading the thread about salad dodger riding down those steps of his local supermarket...great stuff ! :smile:
Then watched Danny MacAskill doing those stunts, bloody awesome riding...hehe i'm gonna go and break my neck now when I see some steps around near here...I know my Rockhopper will be able to handle it...but will I ??

If you see:
A silver recumbent trike
Black Thorn Nomad
Airnimal folder
Brompton
Birdy
Street Machine recumbent
Challenge Hurricane recumbent

with a bearded fifty something - say Hi

I usually commute A32 /A27 in the mornings to Coshem, and occasional jsunts into Gosport or across the Ferry to Uni or Milton

MikeO said:
I've just discovered Wiggle, great site, and only just down the road too ! but mail order only :tongue:

Try UK Bike Store in Elson - far friendlier than Wiggle and have no problem with you just dropping in!

OP
OP
MikeO

MikeO

Hi Cunobelin, I also commute up the A32 to Fareham each day, though quite early as i'm a postie lol, but i'll definately say hi as i'm also a fifty something, goatee'd variety, riding a black speccy rockhopper in a dayglo night vision jacket.
Great tip about UK Bike Store, I didn't even know about it, and so close. I'll be taking a trip around there tomorrow afternoon for sure !
Hi Riverman, thanks mate, certainly will do :sad:
Cheers for the welcome lads

MikeO said:
Hi Cunobelin, I also commute up the A32 to Fareham each day, though quite early as i'm a postie lol, but i'll definately say hi as i'm also a fifty something, goatee'd variety, riding a black speccy rockhopper in a dayglo night vision jacket.
Great tip about UK Bike Store, I didn't even know about it, and so close. I'll be taking a trip around there tomorrow afternoon for sure !
Hi Riverman, thanks mate, certainly will do :wacko:
Cheers for the welcome lads

Check the opening times....

Top Bottom