Hi from Orpington Kent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jakeagusta

Hi Guys & Girls,

Thought I'd join this friendly community to broaden my knowledge in cycling.
My choice of bike is the Cannondale Supersix. I mainly use it for commuting 32 mile round trip to London averaging 180 miles a week which includes a Sunday session of Hill work.
Took up cycling 5 months ago, always been a runner but I thought I'd try and was amazed how the bug bit. Already clocked up some good mileage which I record on the Garmin 800.

Have a good Sunday and cycle safe

Jake

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Hello, there are a few peeps on here who are local to you. I'm anything but local to you incidentally!

martint235

Dog on a bike
:welcome:

Check out the informal rides section for rides near you. I'm often out and about down your way, my training runs take me through Westerham and into the North Downs.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
HI Jake,
another Orpingtonite here.... had a nice run out to Box Hill and back this morning.
You are more then welcome to join us on a ride.

sonmk

Hi and welcome,

I'm down in Kent next week doing the Evans Ride It - Biggin Hill sportive. Just hope the weather holds out.

phillc

Veteran
Hello Jake and a warm welcome to CC.

phill

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Welcome Jake,

Why not join the mycyclinglog.com cyclechat group (see various footers). Many a time I've spotted a ride to join by watching the group view and seeing who's listed as near me. :smile:

Andy.

Nocode

Welcome Jake!

I'm also from Orpington and currently commute into Canary Wharf (down A21 and through Greenwich Foot Tunnel) 3 times a week. I've only started the cycle commute in the last month or so, but throughly enjoying getting my exercise fix during my commute instead of sitting on the train!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Welcome Jake!

I'm also from Orpington and currently commute into Canary Wharf (down A21 and through Greenwich Foot Tunnel) 3 times a week. I've only started the cycle commute in the last month or so, but throughly enjoying getting my exercise fix during my commute instead of sitting on the train!

The A21 is a nice ride into work isn't it.... a bit of a bugger going home...
Bromley Hill then Locksbottom Hill.....:sweat:

Nocode

The A21 is a nice ride into work isn't it.... a bit of a bugger going home...
Bromley Hill then Locksbottom Hill.....:sweat:

Yep, it's tough work - but I'm getting fitter!

I generally do the 15 miles in 52-53 mins in the morning (lovely going down hill :smile:) and then 58 mins to just over an hour on the way home. I'm looking forward to getting a road bike as I'm hoping it will make those hill climbs a little bit more bearable on the way home.

The A21 is pretty good, lots of traffic lights around Bromley/Lewisham/Catford which can be a pain and add minutes on the commute - but not too bad. Some fairly bumpy stretches of road too!

Top Bottom