Hi from Orpington Kent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yep, it's tough work - but I'm getting fitter!

I generally do the 15 miles in 52-53 mins in the morning (lovely going down hill :smile:) and then 58 mins to just over an hour on the way home. I'm looking forward to getting a road bike as I'm hoping it will make those hill climbs a little bit more bearable on the way home.

The A21 is pretty good, lots of traffic lights around Bromley/Lewisham/Catford which can be a pain and add minutes on the commute - but not too bad. Some fairly bumpy stretches of road too!

Been doing the A21 for the past 7 years now.. I think I know every single little bump & potholl that the A21 has :laugh:

Part time cyclist

Über Member
Hi and welcome to the forum from a dartford cyclist , like yourself I am a runner as well and cycle a lot for fun around your way, were do you do your weekend hill work???

OP
OP
jakeagusta

jakeagusta

Hi and welcome to the forum from a dartford cyclist , like yourself I am a runner as well and cycle a lot for fun around your way, were do you do your weekend hill work???

Hi
I have several routes that I use but my favourite one being the back roads to Eynsford, I do the route clock wise and anti- clockwise depending on what mood I am in. The route is approx 17 miles long and the majority of it is free from traffic. I sometimes go to Biggin Hill and Forest Hill but the Eynsford route is my favourite and I use that to gauge my fitness and time.

OP
OP
jakeagusta

jakeagusta

Welcome Jake,

Why not join the mycyclinglog.com cyclechat group (see various footers). Many a time I've spotted a ride to join by watching the group view and seeing who's listed as near me. :smile:

Andy.

Thanks Andy, I'll have a peek.
Thanks to everyone again for the warm welcome

Jake

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hi
I have several routes that I use but my favourite one being the back roads to Eynsford, I do the route clock wise and anti- clockwise depending on what mood I am in. The route is approx 17 miles long and the majority of it is free from traffic. I sometimes go to Biggin Hill and Forest Hill but the Eynsford route is my favourite and I use that to gauge my fitness and time.

Eynsford is one of my lops too.
Bormley, Keston, Nash, Down, Cudham, Eynsford, Farningham, Horton Kirby, up behind Brands Hatch, West Kingsdown, Knatts Valley, Back to Farningham, Crockenhill, Well Hill, Chelsfield and home. A very nice 50 mile loop.

Part time cyclist

Über Member
Hi
One of my favourite routes is out from dartford to river head through eynesford otford etc then along the a25 left up church road, IDE hill, toys hill, westerham hill through Orpington back to dartford, nice route and has a nice few hills to boot....

Top Bottom