Hi from Rossendale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Ern1e

Ern1e

Über Member
Hi Ernie, I used to live in Summerseat next to the East Lancs Railway, still work down the road in Bury.

I am nearly 57 and I can tell you that you're too young to be calling your wife "my good lady wife"! That is an expression used by grandfathers, golfers and retiring businessmen at speeches, not fit and healthy 57 y.o. cyclists! Either "riding buddy" or "support team" or just "'er indoors" but not "good lady wife", please!

Where did you buy the bikes? There are a couple of decent shops in Rossendale, Ride On in Rawtenstall and DJ Cycles in Holcombe Brook.

Hi Globalti in my defense to the above I am now 58 a grandfather and also very nearly retired ! ok so I don't play golf or do speech before or after dinner lol,so please forgive my little indiscretion I shall now just use the one I normaly use which is "her indoors" . Now has to where did we get the bikes ! looking at the none to good picture (never been much good with them camera things ) the blue one in the fore ground (her indoors machine and a big big mistake at the time) came from Tesco's can't for the life in me remeber what make it was all I know is it was more bother than owt else, mine the one in the back ground bought this from a mate (second hand of coarse) again not an expensive machine ( British Eagle model Tulsa MTB hard frame ) but he had over the time he had owned it replaced all the cheap bits for better parts.Now the bike shops yes Ride On is a most excelent bike shop well worth a visit if passing through Rossendale, now as to DJ Cycles will have to take a look in at them, my only remaining question would be why would you leave a nice place like Summerseat ????
Ernie.

Globalti

Legendary Member
my only remaining question would be why would you leave a nice place like Summerseat ????
Ernie.

I loved living in Summerseat in the Brick Houses next to the mill, it was eight years of debauchery, boozing and cycling. But along came Mrs Gti and winkled me out of my cosy batchelor pad to live in Burnley and what a dump that is!

By the way Ernie, have you visited Fitzpatrick's recently for a pint of sarsparilla? Did you hear what happened to the owner? Here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...bstinence-TV-chefs--banned-drink-driving.html

OP
OP
Ern1e

Ern1e

Über Member
I loved living in Summerseat in the Brick Houses next to the mill, it was eight years of debauchery, boozing and cycling. But along came Mrs Gti and winkled me out of my cosy batchelor pad to live in Burnley and what a dump that is!

By the way Ernie, have you visited Fitzpatrick's recently for a pint of sarsparilla? Did you hear what happened to the owner? Here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...bstinence-TV-chefs--banned-drink-driving.html
Ok I am not going to laugh but !!!!!!! that has to be the worse thing that could happen to the poor guy,now the area you mention been past that quite often and Burnley well that could be worse ? When me and her indoors married we moved to Bacup ! ok we did escape after 4 years, now down here in sunny (thats a laugh) Waterfoot. Oh and prefer the black beer and raisin personaly which you can buy in a bottle to take home but it never seems to be quite the same as in the bar.
Ernie.

Top Bottom