Hi from Rossendale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Hi Monty you came here from Lancaster ? must admit you are in one of my more favorite bits of Lancashire.
Aye, I had a friend in Waterfoot and used to hitch over regularly, until i got picked up by a keen cyclist who enlightened me that bike rides can be longer than 5 or 10 miles... so I put away my thumb and got out my bike. I think all of Lancashire is one of my favourite bits of Lancashire, from the flats of Fylde to the Pennine heights... even Morecambe can be nice... so long as you've got your back to it and look across the bay :thumbsup:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Aye, I had a friend in Waterfoot and used to hitch over regularly, until i got picked up by a keen cyclist who enlightened me that bike rides can be longer than 5 or 10 miles... so I put away my thumb and got out my bike. I think all of Lancashire is one of my favourite bits of Lancashire, from the flats of Fylde to the Pennine heights... even Morecambe can be nice... so long as you've got your back to it and look across the bay :thumbsup:
A return ride from Lancaster to Rossendale sounds super - lots of great riding to be done there, especially if you embrace the hills rather than going round them and avoid most of the main roads!

OP
OP
Ern1e

Ern1e

Über Member
Hi Mad Doug and :thanks:

Pjays666

Über Member
Hi Ern1e and best wishes from sunny!!!!!! Burnley ive only just started cycling again myself and intend doing liverpool leeds canal for charity next year.

OP
OP
Ern1e

Ern1e

Über Member
Hi Ern1e and best wishes from sunny!!!!!! Burnley ive only just started cycling again myself and intend doing liverpool leeds canal for charity next year.
Hi Pjays know what you mean about the sunny !!!! and thanks for the welcome :thumbsup: plus you are in none bad a place for the canal lol.
Ernie.

OP
OP
Ern1e

Ern1e

Über Member
Hello and welcome. Very brave of you to get rid of the car, well done. Hope you enjoy the cycling.
Hi Cyclops don't know about brave for getting rid of the car it was just costing far to much to do 27 miles a week, since we have been on the bikes that milage has more than doubled stopped smoking and also lost even more weight so who needs a car.
Ernie

Globalti

Legendary Member
Hi Ernie, I used to live in Summerseat next to the East Lancs Railway, still work down the road in Bury.

I am nearly 57 and I can tell you that you're too young to be calling your wife "my good lady wife"! That is an expression used by grandfathers, golfers and retiring businessmen at speeches, not fit and healthy 57 y.o. cyclists! Either "riding buddy" or "support team" or just "'er indoors" but not "good lady wife", please!

Where did you buy the bikes? There are a couple of decent shops in Rossendale, Ride On in Rawtenstall and DJ Cycles in Holcombe Brook.

Top Bottom