Hi from Weybridge, Surrey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Natalie-Kate

Hello!!

I have recently signed up to the London to Brighton. I used to cycle a lot about 12-18 months ago but am seriously out of practice!

I already visit the gym at least 3 times a week so hoping my fitness improves over time and I have already started to cycle in the gym and out on the roads/tow paths.

I am very keen to get out and about cycling a lot more, I have a couple of good books with brilliant routes but was wondering if anyone on here could reccomend any routes in my area.

I know in some countys there are cycling clubs that meet up once/twice a month and head out for some rides, does anyone know if there is any sort of organisation for this anywhere in the Surrey area?

Looking forward to seeing some friendly faces and improving my vauge knowledge!

Natalie :laugh:

Norm

Hey, Natalie :biggrin:

I'm a bit north west of you, so I can't offer much on local routes although I've done the Thames path down that way a couple of times. Depending on what sort of riding you like, I'd suggest heading west, past Chertsey and into the roads around Chobham, there are some good routes round there and some off-road stuff if you like tow paths.

I prefer to ride solo or in a small group, so I can't help on the club thing either. The CTC are not too far from you in Godalming, and there's a couple of Surrey rides on their route sheets.

bauldbairn

Hello Natalie-Kate and Welcome to the CC Forum from Central Scotland.:biggrin:

I'm sure there are many cyclists on here with a good local knowledge that will be able to help you out with your routes.

Good luck with the London to Brighton cycle by the way! :biggrin:

Top Bottom