High Heels and cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
If you need to be a bit careful of your hair (assuming people who wear heels have worked hard on their appearance, including their hair) check out the helmet http://www.hovding.se/ Until this post, I had not gone back to see if this idea was launched. But, I guess they are available. Cool but expensive.
Or just don't bother with a helmet....

(See the helmet thread for the latest discussion on the Hovding. An expensive fashion accessory and an unsuccessful business would be my short summary.)

fimm

Veteran
Cycling in heels (at least in the heeled shoes I've cycled in) isn't any different to cycling in flat shoes, because you put the ball of the foot on the pedal and it makes no difference if the heel of the shoe is 1cm or several. I don't cycle in heels very often because I don't wear heels very often. I have definitely read a blog (from New York IIRC) from a woman who found that cycling meant that she could choose to wear heels to go out and not worry about having to walk long distances in them.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
It is 2016. I think it is time that high heels joined tight corsets in the dustbin of history, a container labelled 'Stupid fashion ideas which damage bodies'!
Aye, quite right, but heels make one look so much more sophisticated :rolleyes:
Can't manage to walk in them myself.
Once every few years I will buy a pair, telling myself I will practice ^_^
My younger colleagues tell me the corsets are back in fashion as a slimming aid!

OP
OP
Nigelnaturist
Aye, quite right, but heels make one look so much more sophisticated :rolleyes:
Can't manage to walk in them myself.
Once every few years I will buy a pair, telling myself I will practice ^_^
My younger colleagues tell me the corsets are back in fashion as a slimming aid!
Guess the don't cycle then, I have lost 8lb and at least one skirt size.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Guess the don't cycle then, I have lost 8lb and at least one skirt size.
Hehe, no they don't cycle.
I did suggest cycling would be better for their weight loss programme, but they said that the corset is a special one that helps melting fat :whistle:
Of course they could hardly breathe with this thing on.
Never mind the skirt size: are you faster on the bike now? ^_^

OP
OP
Nigelnaturist
Hehe, no they don't cycle.
I did suggest cycling would be better for their weight loss programme, but they said that the corset is a special one that helps melting fat :whistle:
Of course they could hardly breathe with this thing on.
Never mind the skirt size: are you faster on the bike now? ^_^
A bit, did a commute yesterday 25 miles or so @ 15.5ish carrying computer bits including a non too light p.s.u.

Not sure about the reduction in size I don't have too many clothes that fitted me properly in the first place even less now, even my cycling tops look baggy around the waist.

[QUOTE 4439098, member: 259"]I know someone who was given one free to test![/QUOTE]

... and two weeks later the company complained because they hadn't crashed?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Regular in Ravenna.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Mundane in Malmö too.

fwiw Italian sports cyclists seem dominated by the helmet less and the hi-viz, that doth sore offend mine eye, appears to have passed all forms of cycling by, being completely absent from the wardrobes of the utilitarians. (Seems largely absent from normal life too, red seems to be the preferred colour of ppe.)

Maybe the Italians know something about riding bikes that the British can't quite grasp.

Top Bottom