Horror Story

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
The thing is with disc cutters (of any type really), is the 10th of a second it takes to turn it from a useful tool, into a flesh cutting, possibly lethal horror scene.
I use them all the time...quite happily and competently. But maybe 3 times in 20 years, you think 'Jesus H Christ' as it does something you were'nt expecting. Ive been lucky when its happened, but my most memorable was...

standing over a lump of steel with a 9 inch disc cutter, cutting it in two.
Sparks merrily flying between my legs, feet planted firmly either side of the steel.
In 10th of a second, the disc bit...and vapourised beneath me. A huge bang...a cloud of grey dust that was the disc enveloped me. I just stood there..shell shocked. Thank the lord i had gloves and goggles on :tongue::ohmy::ohmy:

Night Train

Maker of Things
I've only had one disc shatter on me. Disc guards are there for a reason, I like disc guards, disc guards are my friends.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Uncle Mort said:
Buggi, you'd have to have a pretty weird chainsaw for that to happen - they all operate on a "dead man's handle" basis so they cut off instantly if you're not actively engaging them. Having said that I've seen people lock huskies on with duct tape, so anything is possible given human ingenuity...

well, i can't remember it exactly so he might of fell out of the tree and chopped her up, but whatever happened, he chopped his own wife's head off :tongue:

OP
OP
Mr Pig

Mr Pig

I was cutting tiles with a little angle grinder a few years ago, wearing thick leather gloves and goggles. It kicked and 'touched' my finger going straight through the glove and cutting about 3mm into my finger. If I'd not been wearing the gloves I reckon it would've gone down to the bone. Slightest touch it was.

yenrod

Mr Pig said:
I borrowed the work's van last night to move a shed and this morning I picked up two of the guys from work who live in a village called Glenmavis. They told me about a horrible accident that happened to a guy they know in the village on Saturday.

Guy 'A' was in his garden cutting some slabs with a bolster and mallet when guy 'B' comes along and says 'I've got a Still-saw, it'll make light work of that' and goes off to get it. You know what's coming don't you?...

When he returns with the Still-saw and fires it up. The cutting disk, which is a thick metal disk with notches and teeth on the edge, came off of the saw, kicked off the ground and goes halfway through his head!

Guy 'A' runs about trying to get help and gets hold of a nurse who lives along the street but it's no use, the guy dies.

What a way to go :0( So just remember children, power tool are very dangerous and should be treated with great respect at all times.

Yuh know wht dont ya ?

He wasnt wearing a HI VISIBILTY VEST !

Obviously, if he would have been wearing aformentioned attire then SAW would have totally missed the lad and gone safely into the ground with no harm done ! :tongue:

Mr Celine

Discordian
There are several stories on the Darwin Awards about mis-using power tools. This one is particularly gruesome.:tongue::tongue:

yenrod

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1489448/Husband-relives-horror-of-wife's-chainsaw-death.html

'she was a health and safety officer at work'

Though, a good one on H&S officers.

The area manager got nabbed once for not wearing his by the H&S big !

He pointed out to the lady that she'd just walked past a tyre fitter knocking a wheel off a skip-loader (he was under the vehicle) which was propped up by the smallest jack you couldnt find AND not wearing a hi-viz..and she was asking him (the AM) about not wearing his !

:tongue:

gbb

Legendary Member
Mr Celine said:
There are several stories on the Darwin Awards about mis-using power tools. This one is particularly gruesome.:tongue::tongue:

That story reminds me of one at an ex employers...
High speed machines for dicing and slicing vegetables. The blades (crinkle cut in this case) were mounted on large, heavy bronze spindles, which weighed maybe 10 kilos
Periodically, you had to remove this assembly of blades from the machine to replace the knives.
The height was restricted over the machine, and as an engineer cupped the spindle in front of him, lifted it out, raised his head...and BANG...smacked his head on an overhead pipe.
Natural reactions took over, and he instantly ducked....and head butted the blade assembly :tongue::ohmy::ohmy:

He went to hospital with a series of perfectly equidistant, but crinkle cut lacerations across his forehead. :biggrin::biggrin:

The doctor (who was foreign) just couldnt get his head round what crinkle cut meant....he was flabberghasted.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I shall never forget the day I did this!

1581835638_b206cb3f23.jpg

*serving suggestion*

And got this to show for it:blush:.

1581835318_24c3574331.jpg

It made one hell of a mess!!!

Top Bottom