Horror Story

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Night Train

Maker of Things
tdr1nka said:
I shall never forget the day I did this!

1581835638_b206cb3f23.jpg

*serving suggestion*

And got this to show for it:blush:.

1581835318_24c3574331.jpg

It made one hell of a mess!!!
That's what comes from using an angle grinder while wearing shorts and sitting on the sofa! :biggrin:
Looks nasty though. Has it all healed up properly now?

Serves you right for using an angle grinder while messing around on Photoshop, if you ask me.:biggrin:

buggi

Bird Saviour
a bad one i heard about was on tv. a factory that baked bread had a malfunction on one of its ovens. they turned it off, let it cool for 2 hours and then sent in their own engineers (who were more like handymen that were used to changing light bulbs and such rather than fixing ovens). Anyway, the only way into the oven was on the conveyor belt.

The woman they interviewed from the HSE was almost crying when she talked about it. they said when they were called out to investigate they found that the two men had been cooked alive. Basically, there was no reverse on the conveyor belt so once they started it, they were stuck in there. The manufacturers stated it takes over a day for the ovens to cool to an acceptable temperature and they wouldn't send their own engineers in there for about 48 hours let alone 2! The bakers and management, once they had realised their mistake (when the men started to scream) tried to break open the ovens with crow bars to no avail and the gap at the other end of the oven (where the bread usually comes out) was not big enough for a human body to pass through, so basically they went in and never came out until the fire brigade were able to cut through and it was too late.

it was a really sad programme. they had the mom on there of one of the lads crying. he was only about 17 and it was his first job and she said he was the sort that just wanted to get on with his job and impress and did what he was told.

and the really stupid thing... the woman from the HSE said when she got there the dial on the oven showed that it was hundreds of degrees in there and if management had checked it they would have known.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Rhythm Thief said:
Serves you right for using an angle grinder while messing around on Photoshop, if you ask me.:ohmy:

Funny, there really wasn't much time to take an actual pic at the time of the accident owing to the spectacular fountain of claret and hopping sharpish to A&E!;);)

Wish I did have a pic tho, it was pretty damn impressive gory!

TBH it was probably v. lucky I was wearing shorts as trousers might have snagged and dragged the grinder further in!;)

The leg is fine now except I haven't regained any feeling in the knee below the patella.

papercorn2000

The there's the time I took the top of my finger off when I put it in a jammed food processor. To unjam it. It unjammed very quickly.

buggi said:
a bad one i heard about was on tv. a factory that baked bread had a malfunction on one of its ovens. <snip>

Aaaaargh. What a horrible way to go. Imagine it, you'd be aware what was happening ... that's awful. Makes losing a bollock to a conveyor belt seem positively pleasurable.

OP
OP
Mr Pig

Mr Pig

Uncle Mort said:
My usual trick is picking up the soldering iron by the business end...

Ohh, I've done that! :0( Not long after my wife an I were married I was soldering speaker cables on a little coffee table in the living-room. I picked up the soldering iron by the wrong end, dropped in very quickly and burned a hole in our brand new pale green self-coloured carpet, right in front of the settee.

What made it worse was that my wife had just been nagging me about not soldering in the living-room, she was not jubilant.

Burned the tips of four fingers, which was very annoying. After I did it I sat melting my fingers into an ice lolly for ages, Val was slagging me off about that just the other day actually ;0)

I also get superglue on my fingers every single time I use it...

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
tdr1nka said:
Funny, there really wasn't much time to take an actual pic at the time of the accident owing to the spectacular fountain of claret and hopping sharpish to A&E!:angry::wacko:

Wish I did have a pic tho, it was pretty damn impressive gory!

TBH it was probably v. lucky I was wearing shorts as trousers might have snagged and dragged the grinder further in!:boxing:

The leg is fine now except I haven't regained any feeling in the knee below the patella.

It's still a damn impressive scar. I've seen it...:becool:

This is not a power tool injury story (although I've had my fair share of those), and it pales into insignificance beside some of the tales on here, but I bet the fact that every time I restring a guitar I manage to put one of the string ends into my finger or thumb, or worse still, down the back of a fingernail will make a few of you wince.:boxing:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Rhythm Thief said:
This is not a power tool injury story (although I've had my fair share of those), and it pales into insignificance beside some of the tales on here, but I bet the fact that every time I restring a guitar I manage to put one of the string ends into my finger or thumb, or worse still, down the back of a fingernail will make a few of you wince.:boxing:

A most horrid feeling indeed.

OP
OP
Mr Pig

Mr Pig

I pushed the bottle opener thingy on a pen knife through my finger nail. I was sitting messing about with it, pushing it onto my nail, watching the way my nail went white etc, and it just went 'pop' through my nail! :0( Apart from the fact it hurt it then got infected and my nail fell off. It came off from the back, the tip of the nail was still attached, and it caught on stuff, like your jumper for instance.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I fumbled a stapler while picking it up and sent a staple into the bone of my finger. Didn't hurt at all.

Top Bottom