Hot Air Ballooning - have you done it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Just remembered something else - I'm bald on top and the top of my head got burned by the heat from the burners. Should have worn a hat.

Gary D

Go for it Speicher!! :evil: :evil:

It really is a fantastic experience. We got married in the USA, and my wedding present to SWMBO was a champagne balloon flight over the Napa Valley.
An incredible experience ;) :angry:.
It was a very early morning flight so the light was fantastic. Also, there were about a dozen other balloons taking off from other locations nearby, all travelling in a similar direction but at different altitudes. A wonderful sight.
I think the problem with flights in the UK is that because the weather is so variable and unpredictable you will probably get a lot of postponed flights before actually going. In California, the weather (and wind direction) is so predictable that the pilots know pretty much the direction they will be going - and even where they will land. They rarely have to postpone flights.

I too live in Worcestershire and quite often in the summer we see balloons pass by. I think they fly a lot from around Stratford? It is a great way to see the countryside at a leisurely pace - you will enjoy it.

Gary.

Top Bottom