house move rant !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ive refused to move. We bought our house brand new when we got married, 19 years ago. It's just a 3 bed house with conservatory and has a brick detached garage. The garage is the thing. Now if we could afford a shed with a triple garage then that would be great.

snorri

Legendary Member
and good removals, sit back let them do the work.
I like that idea. Having to decide what goes to the dump and what goes to the charity shops is far and away the most time consuming and stressful part of the operation:smile:.

Brains

Legendary Member
We moved from our 2 bed flat to our 3 bed house 22 years ago, we did a couple of trips with our VW camper van and had a man and van move the sofa and the bed.

If we moved out today I dread to think what it would take, certainly a couple of removal lorries and weeks of packing, we have more in our loft today than we had in our entire flat then.

OP
OP
jnrmczip

jnrmczip

It amazes me how much rubbish we actually keep. The things we may use again but haven't looked at for years and probably never will. I have a new policy for the new house and it's to bin anything not needed no holding on. 5 huge bin big of stuffed toys for the kids that I'm sure have been in those bags for years now why do I need them. I get the point of keeping their first little teddy but 5 bags worth. Trying to get the better half to say good bye to them is like telling her the world is going to end.

Sods_Laur

We moved a month ago from a small rented flat to a house. The amount of crap we had to dump was unbelievable.

We got movers, but we did the packing ourselves. I would never ask mates to move us again, they sorted us out when we moved in but it took a whole day and about 20 trips in two cars. I felt guilty for weeks.

We also got a cleaning company to do the flat so we got our deposit back in full. I was a bit worried as the inventory was extremely detailed but it was OK. Yesterday I emptied the last box and I found a grill tray we'd accidentally brought with us from the flat :biggrin:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
My brother-in-law couldn't move into their new house so put everything into storage. That night the warehouse burnt to the ground, all that the storage company salvaged was his mountain bike. Everything was lost, wedding photo album, children's first shoes, leaving cards from previous jobs, childrens' school reports, pictures... all the little things that make up your memories that are priceless. Keep things, that are precious and irreplaceable, close when you move.

Top Bottom