How do you get shirts crease free into work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
Fold, as everyone else does. Fold into a plastic bag as a liner when folded in half and into another plastic bag which is sellotaped up. I can do them individually or three or four at a time laid end to end. This goes into a rucksack and then to work where I store them in the bags flat until they are going to be used. I currently have seven folded shirts in the cupboard and just keep circulating them and replacing with new ones as time goes by.

I also have the option of paying £7.99 for five shirts cleaned delivered to my office door by the concierge, but to my mind that's £400 a year. Practically a new bike!

ChrisKH said:
I also have the option of paying £7.99 for five shirts cleaned delivered to my office door by the concierge, but to my mind that's £400 a year. Practically a new bike!

True - but how much would the washing powder / electricity / time to iron etc cost over a year?

bryce

wk495292 said:
Does anyone have a link to a site that shows you via pitcures how to fold a shirt correctly. Lame I know but require help

Youtube probably has it.

Or.. get your missus to do it for you. Or..

lay the shirt front side down and fold the shoulders inwards (by about 3 inches) towards the centre of the shirt - so you have two vertical lines and the shirt is now rectangular. Then fold the sleeves into the fold you just created. The fold the shirt upwards from the bottom and down from the top until you have a square.

rootes

decent non-iron shirt and then basic fold plus a light roll up - hang out when you get to work..

ChrisKH

Guru
TwickenhamCyclist said:
True - but how much would the washing powder / electricity / time to iron etc cost over a year?

I don't know - how much do you reckon? £2.99 a week? You can't put a cost on personal ironing. Admittedly, I wouldn't have to do it, but there's no cost to me personally (apart from the opportunity cost that I could be doing something else).

rootes

ChrisKH said:
I don't know - how much do you reckon? £2.99 a week? You can't put a cost on personal ironing. Admittedly, I wouldn't have to do it, but there's no cost to me personally (apart from the opportunity cost that I could be doing something else).

this is where the non iron shirt is king... wash, hang up on a hanger to dry - no need to iron!

john lewis ones seem best and the non-iron effect seems to last longer

domtyler

Über Member
There are serious health risks concerning non iron shirts. They have a coating of some pretty weird chemicals (formaldehydes etc.) that have been implicated in causing cancer and other nasties.

Otto

wk495292 said:
I currently cycle in amd out of work 4 days a week on a monday I take the car along with all of my weeks shirts, socks etc. My aim is to commute 5 days a week however this brings the added difficulty of looking presentable at work having had to transport my shirts in my rucksack. Does anyone have a answer to this.

PS I am unable to iron at work, and my work place is closed over the weekend.

Thanks

Jamie

You are too fussy I just stay creased!..I'm sat here in cycling shoes CraG Hoppers and a creased gap tee shirt...don't you just love working in th Media:smile:

domtyler

Über Member
I'm another Eagle Creek thingy user. Crease-free shirts every time.

I'm not surprised you have a man-bag User, but as for Crackle! :biggrin:

Mr Creosote

I take a clean shirt in each day and I keep it relatively crease free by folding it in a similar fashion to when I purchased it and rolling it inside my towel.

I hang it up while I shower at work and the steam and humidity helps any creses to drop out.

Losidan

Otto said:
You are too fussy I just stay creased!..I'm sat here in cycling shoes CraG Hoppers and a creased gap tee shirt...don't you just love working in th Media:smile:

too right. creased clothes rule!

neslon

I just roll it up around my socks and kegs and shove it in the rucksack. Seems OK to me when I unroll it. Not that I care.

alp1950

I like to cycle light & take change of clothes in on non-cycling days. However can't always remember what I've left at work! The day I forgot my belt was tricky as my waist size has dropped since resuming cycling.:boxing:

Top Bottom