How long since you last had a p*ncture?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
PaulB said:

surelly psssspht?

dragon72

Guru
I was working my way up to the Col de la Croix de Fer earlier this month and I started thinking about p*nctures and the fact that, in about 8,000 miles of heavy-load touring, I'd never had one.

Sure enough, 20 minutes later, just as I started my descent and just as it started to rain, my rear tube blew.

Effing p*ncture fairies!

Luckily I had a spare tube in my panniers, so I didn't have to faff with patching and I was off again within minutes.

It was due to rim tape wear, rather than the Continental Contact tyre, which I swear by.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Had one about three weeks ago (on virtually bald tyres). That was the first of the year, so after about 7,500 miles.

Will1985

Über Member
I don't record date and time, but I know which ride it was on as my only flats in the past 18 months have been riding with these people! 4th June....about 3000km ago....but then that distance is spread across 3 bikes and 9 wheels.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Will1985 said:
....but then that distance is spread across 3 bikes and 9 wheels.
Didn't know you had three trikes!

By the way, James's Trike apparently has campag stuff at the front. So you can Campagify a trike...

longers

Legendary Member
Had one not last weekend but the weekend before, I had to hit the non lever end of my QR with my shoe to get it to unstick before I could take the wheel out.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
not had a puncture yet, now done 4000 miles, still carry two spare tubes at all times.

Top Bottom