How many pairs of cycling gloves do you own?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steverob

Guru
Two different pairs of fingerless gloves for summer, can't remember the brands but got them both at the pop-up store at the RideLondon thing at the Excel last year, so they're bound to be something fairly recognisable. Would have liked to have got two pairs the same, but I needed XL gloves and that seemed to be the one size that every manufacturer was virtually out of.
One pair Boardman 'Windproof' gloves - would call these an autumn/spring glove as while not fingerless, they're not exactly thick material, but do a reasonable job in low-ish temperatures. These are what I'm currently using.
Need to buy a proper winter pair - did have some last year, but somehow managed to lose one - I took them off at a cafe stop and thought I put them in my pocket, but when I started to ride again I could then only find one and there's no point in keping just one glove. Will probably buy a new pair at some point over the next few weeks as it gets colder.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
@cyberknight might be interested in the heated liners?
i was in full on bar mitt mode mon night :smile:

andrew_s

Legendary Member
I've just counted, and reckon on 18 pairs, plus a couple of odd gloves, plus anything that may be lurking in an unexpected place.

I don't really know why I've got so many - I've not actually worn gloves since 10th Feb (ish), apart from one morning going to work last week.
I have however got as far as populating the saddlebag(s) with gloves, legwarmers, and socks, just in case.

[edit]
Up to 20 now - I found another pair of lightweight fleece/liner gloves, and the other string-back track mitt to make the pair, and an odd neoprene glove

Last edited:
No idea how many Ive got it tend to be one or two per season split into gloves and leisure gloves. I tend to have more varying thickness winter gloves than summer gloves though. Ive also ones that I've been given as gifts.
A bit OT, I used and liked during the week the Aldi lobster gloves I couldn't get on with previously.

Zipp2001

Veteran
Enough to get by.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Two sets. Light mitts for warm conditions and full finger gloves for cold conditions.

Signum-GB

Regular
It would appear that I have a bit of a glove fetish!

I was going through my box of cycling spares in the garage the other day, and kept pulling out pair after pair of mitts/gloves, most of which I've had for ages and never used, but had bought them "just in case". I blame the Aldi cycle events and their cheap prices of course.

So what do I have?

4x pairs of track mitts - 1x blue, 1x red, and 2x black.
2x pairs of autumn/spring thin gloves. 1x "roadie" style, 1x mountain bike style.
2x pairs of winter gloves - not rainproof.
1x pair of winter gloves - rainproof (allegedly).
1x pair of "crab-hand" extreme gloves. (I once wore these when the temperature was -6C, and my hands were sweating).

So that's a total of 10x pairs, and I have the cheek to pull Mrs S leg over the number of shoes she has.

But I'll bet some of you peeps have more pairs than me?

Two... 1x summer pair, 1x Winter pair.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
1 set for summer, fleece lined full gloves for winter, as well as mittens and bar-mitts. In my part of the States, our weather bears a close resemblance to that of Canada at times.

Top Bottom