How many pairs of cycling gloves do you own?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slioch

Guru
It would appear that I have a bit of a glove fetish!

I was going through my box of cycling spares in the garage the other day, and kept pulling out pair after pair of mitts/gloves, most of which I've had for ages and never used, but had bought them "just in case". I blame the Aldi cycle events and their cheap prices of course.

So what do I have?

4x pairs of track mitts - 1x blue, 1x red, and 2x black.
2x pairs of autumn/spring thin gloves. 1x "roadie" style, 1x mountain bike style.
2x pairs of winter gloves - not rainproof.
1x pair of winter gloves - rainproof (allegedly).
1x pair of "crab-hand" extreme gloves. (I once wore these when the temperature was -6C, and my hands were sweating).

So that's a total of 10x pairs, and I have the cheek to pull Mrs S leg over the number of shoes she has.

But I'll bet some of you peeps have more pairs than me?

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm not about to count them, but well into double figures. Possibly north of 20.

Smudge

Veteran
Two..... A pair of fingerless summer gloves, which are the only item of specific cycle clothing i own. Plus winter gloves, which are textile abrasion resistant workwear gloves.

Aldi mitts, what would we do without them. I like to keep one or two new pairs in the draw, with their full winter version as well in case I lose my gloves.
Occasionally i chuck out the old ones.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Not one with a glove hoarding issue, but noteworthy ones that I like are:

Rab merino inners

Touchscreen friendly Enduras (full finger)

Neoprene which are great in the rain for short periods. Any longer and it looks like granny has been in the bath too long

New Specialized Element 2.0 touchscreen winter gloves. Semi lobster style. Utterly brilliant but I’m concerned the washing instructions say, ‘Don’t wash.’

Last edited:

Heigue'r

Veteran
1 pair of north face gloves that are good from 5 deg to around -5,allmost bought a pair of endura at the wkend but I would probably allways reach for the north face ones,4 yrs old and I think I paid 21 or 22 pounds for them

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Loads Christmas and birthdays ........:rolleyes:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I have many pairs, for all westhers and seasons, and one individual glove (Not for a Michael Jackson impression... I can't find t'other one, but it's bound to turn up if I bin the one I still have!)

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Very similar to you guys, about 10 pairs. A lot of track mitts purchased because they were a bargain and the rest are a search for the perfect winter glove.

I threw out a bunch of mitts before I moved house in October, usually the velcro gets a bit naff, down to two pairs, winter and summer gloves.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
none.

I have a pair of bog standard none cycling thinsulate fleecy gloves for my winter commute.

I did buy a pair of winter cycling gloves once, but the lining degloved the second time i used them so they went in the bin and I've stuck to standard 'trusty' gloves since.

Top Bottom