How on earth do people motivate themselves?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am currently a day late on an essay (so have lost 5% off my end mark already) and have written 155 words of utter drivel. I have 1500 more to go.

The problem is - I just can't bring myself to care. I honestly do not give a rats ass if I fail or not, I know that after 4 years, a £10,000 loan, tuition fees and rent, I really should care. A LOT. But I just don't.

I had vague feelings when I was prodded into university that it wasn't right for me, but I overrode those thoughts, because going to uni is what everyone did when they left school.

IHow the hell do i motivate myself enough to get the frickking thing done!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Think of it like riding up a hill when you are knackered... keep going till the top, then you can rest, or coast down the other side...
Be hard on yourself, just get it done....

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Just f'ING DO IT YUOU GOOD FOR NOTHING TOSS-POT. In the real world there is no room for such introspection...eithert get the job done or get ready toi be shipped-out. The commercial world takes no prisoners. Learn now or learn later...it'syour choice...if you thinmk Uni's hard, try working for a living. Lifes a bitch and then you die. Get on with it you waster.

Abitrary

Going off on a tangent from the original post, but one of the most insightful things I've ever heard was an interview with Stephen Fry the other night on BBC4 or something.

He claims to be a manic depressive, and that always raises polemic, but he said that self-pity is the biggest crime, because it destroys everyone around leaving nothing left except the person pitying himself

Dave5N

Über Member
Fab Foodie said:
Just f'ING DO IT YUOU GOOD FOR NOTHING TOSS-POT. In the real world there is no room for such introspection...eithert get the job done or get ready toi be shipped-out. The commercial world takes no prisoners. Learn now or learn later...it'syour choice...if you thinmk Uni's hard, try working for a living. Lifes a bitch and then you die. Get on with it you waster.

You're a bastard.

An accurate bastard. That is what it's like.

Bigtallfatbloke

You want girls?...they like successful men...be sucessful.

Abitrary

Bigtallfatbloke said:
You want girls?...they like successful men...be sucessful.

Er, I thought women liked Bruce Springsteen types who work in garages. Men who can fix cars. Not men who can recite AJP Taylor.

Abitrary

Bigtallfatbloke said:
...he's just a poor mans Dylan (who is also shite)...women may like him, but they really only want his money.

I don't like Springsteen myself that much... in fact the only fan's I've met have been girls, including an ex. They all seem to appreciate the fact that he can perform for 3 hours non stop.

If I remember rightly it's only dylan who comes close at 2:45... and he's got a larger back catalog.

Just go on amazon BTFB and buy some decent music

walker

Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
I had vague feelings when I was prodded into university that it wasn't right for me, but I overrode those thoughts, because going to uni is what everyone did when they left school.

IHow the hell do i motivate myself enough to get the frickking thing done!

Erm no!! I went straight out and got a job and as much as I'm going to get stick for saying it, I did'nt want to spung off the state. If you knew it was'nt for you you should of stuck up for youself and not let mummy and daddy push you into something

Top Bottom