How thick do they think I am...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

Dear Natwest On-line Banking member!

Our Technical Division is doing an arranged Internet Banking software upgrade

By following the link below please launch the procedure of the customer login approval:

http://www2.nwolb.com/details/confirmpage.aspx?task=19tdrshlDghlcohrdOrdn

These directives are to be mailed and followed by all members of the Natwest Internet Banking

Natwest does apologize for the inconveniences caused, and is very thankful for your cooperation.

If you are not client of NatWest Bank Private and Business please disregard this notification!

*** This is robot generated email please do not reply ***

(C) '08 Natwest Personal and Business. All Rights Reserved.

I'm not even with the Natwest !

Noodley

I think that was meant for me yenners, send it to me if you would. I'd hate to miss out :biggrin:

Mr Pig

I know, I get them all the time. It's strange because for years we didn't get any spoof mails then they suddenly started about a year ago. Now we get half a dozen a day.

They try all angles, you need to really watch out.

RedBike

I nearly fell for a fake paypal mail.

It looked like it was a refund for a payment I had actually just made. It wasn't until I tried to log in and found that my password wasn't automatically filled in that I realised.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

It also contained a load of other email addresses in the TO: section...(where it'd also been sent to)

What a bloody joke.

Willow

I had a spoof from Inland Revenue today telling me I was due a refund and had 2 days to fill in on line form - duh as if!

Mr Pig

I got caught by a spoof eBay one years ago. They took over my account, changed the password so that I couldn't log on, and listed a couple of items!

I told eBay and they removed them and returned my account very quickly, but it's scary feeling. People who aren't very clued up on the internet, like older people maybe, could end up in real trouble.

Perhaps the most scary ones are the personal ones. I got a mail the other day claiming to contain naked pictures of my wife. I was scared in case it contained naked pictures of my wife!

Only kidding ;0) About getting the mail, not about being scared of... better shut up now.

Funtboy

yenrod said:
Dear Natwest On-line Banking member!

Our Technical Division is doing an arranged Internet Banking software upgrade

By following the link below please launch the procedure of the customer login approval:

http://www2.nwolb.com/details/confirmpage.aspx?task=19tdrshlDghlcohrdOrdn

These directives are to be mailed and followed by all members of the Natwest Internet Banking

Natwest does apologize for the inconveniences caused, and is very thankful for your cooperation.

If you are not client of NatWest Bank Private and Business please disregard this notification!

*** This is robot generated email please do not reply ***

(C) '08 Natwest Personal and Business. All Rights Reserved.

I'm not even with the Natwest !

:smile: Nee flies on you, friend.

Funtboy

RedBike said:
I nearly fell for a fake paypal mail.

It looked like it was a refund for a payment I had actually just made. It wasn't until I tried to log in and found that my password wasn't automatically filled in that I realised.

Just out of interest, what is your user name and password?

Top Bottom