I cycle because... (complete the sentence)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pepecat

..... nothing beats meandering through the countryside when the sky's blue and the sun's out and all's right with the world for a couple of hours.

Sara_H

Guru
I love the feeling of getting somewhere by my own steam.

Every day I cycle to work, town, anywhere......... I rejoice at the money still in my pocket rather than the greedy petrol/bus company's (yes, I'm a typical tight yorkshire woman!).

Ellis456

It's my cardio, I also weight lift for my upper body.

But again for my health and to see some nice places and get out in the open air/weather when it's nice.

R_Z

Doo wa diddy diddy dum diddy doo. :whistle:

tiswas-steve

Über Member
Some b#####d 2 years ago told me he had a Saracen road bike to sell and now I'm in the midst of a biking addiction with an Allez Sports and a Cube carbon beast and more cycle wear in my wardrobe than normal clothes.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
because i get to get out and get some fresh air, all the bugs i can eat and save myself tonnes of money and grief on the flippin trains!
don't have to dash out of work and hope to catch a train that can either be late or early dependant on whim of driver.
don't have to pass through the public urinal/subway at the train station here in the Demilitarized zone estate i work in i get to pass rolling fields and get to watch em grow and i get to make my ass thinner.
pete

Friz

The more you ride, the less your ass will hurt.
.... because of the feeling of being free, both mentally and physically. Getting fit is a bonus.

That's it for me...

Plus cycling defines me. Out here in rural Ireland I used to be "The Yank". Then it turned into "The Mad Yank." Now it seems I'm "The Mad Yank on the Bike.":tongue:

Top Bottom