1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I cycle because... (complete the sentence)

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by MattL, 31 Jul 2011.

1. wheres_my_beard

wheres_my_beard Über Member

... because I am too lazy to walk and the cost of developing a monorail-skateboard infrastructure is inhibitive.

2. pepecat

pepecat Well-Known Member

..... nothing beats meandering through the countryside when the sky's blue and the sun's out and all's right with the world for a couple of hours.

3. Sara_H

Sara_H Veteran

I love the feeling of getting somewhere by my own steam.

Every day I cycle to work, town, anywhere......... I rejoice at the money still in my pocket rather than the greedy petrol/bus company's (yes, I'm a typical tight yorkshire woman!).

4. wheres_my_beard

wheres_my_beard Über Member

Do you ride one of these? >linky<

5. apollo179

apollo179 Well-Known Member

Im to poor to buy petrol.

6. ...the whole world deserves to see me in lycra.

7. Ellis456

Ellis456 New Member

It's my cardio, I also weight lift for my upper body.

But again for my health and to see some nice places and get out in the open air/weather when it's nice.

8. BrumJim

BrumJim Ünder Member

.... I can't handle the Endorphins cold turkey.

or

...... I can't give up cake.

9. R_Z

R_Z New Member

Doo wa diddy diddy dum diddy doo. :whistle:

10. tiswas-steve

tiswas-steve Über Member

Some b#####d 2 years ago told me he had a Saracen road bike to sell and now I'm in the midst of a biking addiction with an Allez Sports and a Cube carbon beast and more cycle wear in my wardrobe than normal clothes.

11. markharry66

markharry66 Senior Member

because I F***K*** hate cars and gives me something to moan about (its a joke not a troll) :smile:

12. wiggydiggy

wiggydiggy Über Member

Bus/Train fare is too high and the distance too low to warrant driving......

13. Melonfish

Melonfish Evil Genius in training.

because i get to get out and get some fresh air, all the bugs i can eat and save myself tonnes of money and grief on the flippin trains!
    don't have to dash out of work and hope to catch a train that can either be late or early dependant on whim of driver.
    don't have to pass through the public urinal/subway at the train station here in the Demilitarized zone estate i work in i get to pass rolling fields and get to watch em grow and i get to make my ass thinner.
    pete

14. Wankelschrauben

Wankelschrauben New Member

because I like to annoy as many others as I physically can.

15. Friz

Friz The more you ride, the less your ass will hurt.

That's it for me...

Plus cycling defines me. Out here in rural Ireland I used to be "The Yank". Then it turned into "The Mad Yank." Now it seems I'm "The Mad Yank on the Bike.":tongue: