I fear this may be my mate Martin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
and the papers have the wrong info .
http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/local-news/pedestrian-suffers-severe-head-leg-7725787
He always comes to the allotment on his MTB and explains why he didn't turn up that night and the road was closed when I headed home . A call to us from his wife said he was in Paddington hospital but no reply to texts asking how he is doing .
Other friends have been to his house and no one is there .
Local gossip is that a boy racer over took a stopped bus and hit him head on .

Drago

Legendary Member
Fingers crossed for speedy justice and an even speedier recovery.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Fingers crossed for who ever it was but knowing him and not his wife makes it a bit tough to push for an answer .
We have a silly flag thing going at the allotment and put them at half mast until he turned up (for a bit of a giggle) thinking he would be back in a few days . He hasn't come back yet .

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
A bit of news ( thank god ) on Martin . Apparently there was a blood clot in his head that was causing concern but he is clear of that and talking a lot better . He has a broken leg , arm and pelvis .
Still unclear what happened but that's not really an issue right now .

young Ed

Veteran
crikes! hope he mends quick
after reading that article remind me not to go within a 10 mile radius of that road!
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Some good news is that he is at home now .
His pelvis isn't as bad as they thought but his leg is held together with pins .
The head injury is a bit of a concern I think . I didn't press matters when getting told of his condition but I don't think he is as he was .
When I asked what happened I was told no one really knows . He was on the way to the allotment on his bike and was hit at 40MPH .

classic33

Leg End Member
He should get over the head injury, but how he copes can come down to how others accept him after the incident.
He's still the same person.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
A bit more good news as a friend went to see him at home yesterday . The pins in his leg are due to come out soon so not as bad as I thought . His speech is still slurred but that could be the pain killers etc .
His main concern was his bike :ohmy: He said " I think I'm going to need a new bike " :laugh:

Only saw this thread now.

Sorry to hear of your mate's injury (it wasn't an accident). It could have been very serious indeed.

Glad that his injuries aren't as serious as first thought. If he's already got his sense of humour back, then he's (hopefully) on the road to a full recovery.

You can go with him and help him buy a new bike.

Hope the w***er 'motorist' is punished accordingly.

Top Bottom