I got whistled at in Safeways!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

I have just been dong some shopping in Safeways...it's a 5 mile ride there and I took my rear pannier to carry the stuff home. I was dressed in my usual black shorts roadshoes and cyclechat shirt.....there I was reaching for the semi skimmed when two less than fit 4x4 looking 30 somethings had a giggle and whistled at me!....I just smiled and moved on to the deli counter....this is a new experience for me... I am confused...was it a compliment or were they taking the piss...this is Essex so i am inclined to assume the latter. I wonder what the reaction would have been had I whistled at a woman in the supermarket...probably would have been removed by security as some kind of perv or something:biggrin:.

...but the real question in my mind is...why don't the fit french girls adopt the same tactics in 'Le supermarche'?;):biggrin:

Interesting BigTourFarBloke.
You go in for some semi - skimmed. The only thing that goes pasteurise is two full fats.
I can only think they soya coming and that the only thing skimmed in Essex will be your plastic.
In France, the girls are used to their man having a 'long life' I believe...and only Maurice chevalier whistles.:wacko:

Are you sure the 4X4 s weren't wheezing with palpitations at the sight of your 'smoked sausage style body'? ;)

Night Train

Maker of Things
It is hard to tell what they intended by it, more important is how you felt about it yourself.

About 20 years ago I was whistled at by a couple of women on a scaffold painting the outside of a block of flats. It made me smile to myself at first and then I turned around to have a look and they then shouted 'Get ya kit off and show us your stuff!'. It was a bit intimidating then.

Not something I would tollorate from any of the guys working for me at the time and I teach kids at college that it could cost them their jobs.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

You go in for some semi - skimmed. The only thing that goes pasteurise is two full fats.
I can only think they soya coming and that the only thing skimmed in Essex will be your plastic.
In France, the girls are used to their man having a 'long life' I believe...and only Maurice chevalier whistles.

Are you sure the 4X4 s weren't wheezing with palpitations at the sight of your 'smoked sausage style body'?

...ouch:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Maz

Guru
I was being eyed up and commented on by a couple of good-looking girls (were they being ironic? pissed or just in a giggly mood?) on the way back from work last week. I was on my bike and had stopped at some traffic lights as they walked by. One said to the other "Phwoar, I'll have some of that! CapitalOne!" (name of the sponsor on my Sheff Utd shirt).

I pretended not to notice and just stared straight ahead!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Maz said:
I was being eyed up and commented on by a couple of good-looking girls (were they being ironic? pissed or just in a giggly mood?) on the way back from work last week. I was on my bike and had stopped at some traffic lights as they walked by. One said to the other "Phwoar, I'll have some of that! CapitalOne!" (name of the sponsor on my Sheff Utd shirt).

I pretended not to notice and just stared straight ahead!
You should look at them all sultry and say "Would you like to stroke my pump?". :smile:

simoncc

Bigtallfatbloke said:
I have just been dong some shopping in Safeways...it's a 5 mile ride there and I took my rear pannier to carry the stuff home. I was dressed in my usual black shorts roadshoes and cyclechat shirt.....there I was reaching for the semi skimmed when two less than fit 4x4 looking 30 somethings had a giggle and whistled at me!....I just smiled and moved on to the deli counter....this is a new experience for me... I am confused...was it a compliment or were they taking the piss...this is Essex so i am inclined to assume the latter. I wonder what the reaction would have been had I whistled at a woman in the supermarket...probably would have been removed by security as some kind of perv or something:biggrin:.

...but the real question in my mind is...why don't the fit french girls adopt the same tactics in 'Le supermarche'?:smile::biggrin:

Sure you weren't imagining all this? Safeway supermarkets no longer exist in the UK.

MessenJah

Rider
Aperitif said:
Interesting BigTourFarBloke.
*groan*

Mr Phoebus

Years ago, I had many a woman come up to me and ask if she could feel my chest or my arm. :smile:
Also had a few who didn't even bother to ask. Some people have no shame and are unbelievably cheeky.

I can't remember if some of them was in Fine Fare or Key Markets?

Top Bottom