I have found the best of both worlds.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doobiesis

Über Member
After ditching my hybrid a year ago and getting a road bike I thought I was glad to see the back of it. From now on I'd be a proper cyclist and got right into my road bike. Had some issues with my Specialized ladies racer, so got a Giant Liv and never looked back.

So why, you may ask am I writing this in the MTB section?

For the last six months I have really missed off roading! Looked on gumtree every day waiting for a decent make MTB to buy, and nothing.

Yesterday I bought a new Scott ladies MTB - I braved the rain and headed off for a cycle. Oh My God!, it was like I'd come home - no worries about cars or clipping out in time. The only other traffic was other cyclists.

I missed it terribly, I'll continue to do both as I do enjoy tracking my speed and I got so muddy yesterday, it was all over my face and my feet were numb but best cycling I've done in a long long time!

Even arranged a track with couple of MTB buddies for next weekend :smile:

Lonestar

Veteran
Christ you had me worried for a minute.I thought you'd bought a car.:thumbsdown:

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Road bike for miles... mtb for smiles :okay:

I`m doing the CC 50km a month challenge this year and have popped in 4 on the road bike, but today I did one on the mtb. It took me 3 hours (I do it in 2 hours on the road bike), I came home filthy and knackered.... but I enjoyed every minute of it :smile:

I think its great to have more than one option, after all... variety is the spice of life :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Sold my road bike several years ago after too many nutters in cars.

Only use quiet roads to link trails together, mtb's, fat bikes and CX's are the safe way.

Too many roadies look like they are simply not enjoying themselves, just "getting in the miles"
I've no idea on the exact stats but you are far more likely to die in accidents with vehicles while riding on the roads than you are from say having a heart attach while riding off road.
IMHO. Life's too short to risk shortening it by riding on busy roads

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
Bought a fat Bike last September and not ridden the road bike since, I doubt I will anytime soon. Roads are just too stressful. My biggest fear now is dog s#it, falling off while someone is watching and generally being a crap off road rider, love it

MTB will always be my first love,no doubts.
But I have been hankering after a vintage Holdsworth for a few months now,as there are far too many (well maintained) moors and farm roads round my way to conquer ^_^.
But yes,there have been times when I have looked out (2 weeks ago),and felt quite reluctant to go out into the crap weather,but did so anyway.
Once I get to the trails though,rain or cold,I have really enjoyed it.
You come back muddy as hell and thoroughly satisfied.Great feeling.
I end up doing more than usual,because it's what MTB'ing is all about.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I know what you mean ..

20150207_113811.jpg

20151223_103827.jpg

Cubist

Still wavin'
MTB will always be my first love,no doubts.
But I have been hankering after a vintage Holdsworth for a few months now,as there are far too many (well maintained) moors and farm roads round my way to conquer ^_^.
But yes,there have been times when I have looked out (2 weeks ago),and felt quite reluctant to go out into the crap weather,but did so anyway.
Once I get to the trails though,rain or cold,I have really enjoyed it.
You come back muddy as hell and thoroughly satisfied.Great feeling.
I end up doing more than usual,because it's what MTB'ing is all about.
Putting g your kit on and venturing out to start with is the hardest bit.

Even in truly atrocious conditions I've never regretted a ride out......even if it means stripping off in the garage and passing my kit through to the washing machine which is by the back door. :smile:

Top Bottom