I have found the best of both worlds.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Dont forget the cafe stop to discuss the mud..love it View attachment 119113
Do those ass savers actually do anything?

Levo-Lon

Guru
Do those ass savers actually do anything?

there not too bad..they tend to keep the water off ya butt..but if they get too muddy they sag so less effective..worth the fiver you pay..you can get longer ones..

i got a mud h6gger for the cube..23quid but thats a full guard ..ugly as sinn but i get fed up of all my kit needing a wash after every ride atm..

20160203_115215.jpg

The mudhugger looks great but it won't fit on my curved stays which also have a brake cable on. Might go for a Zefal 29er which attaches to the stays.

Levo-Lon

Guru
The mudhugger looks great but it won't fit on my curved stays which also have a brake cable on. Might go for a Zefal 29er which attaches to the stays.

compared to most mud gaurds it does look ok..i prefer the un protected look tho

compared to most mud gaurds it does look ok..i prefer the un protected look tho
So do I but I've a few multi-day trips in mind and don't want to go into cafes and bunkhouses and onto trains covered in mud and the ones that attach to seat posts are next to useless, often not allowing you to drop the post enough or swinging out of line and rubbing. Probably try this one. Also ugly but practical
Krylo-Zefal-29-Deflector-RM29-zadnee_22072_2_58626052.jpg

Levo-Lon

Guru
Alright that.. @Crackle , im off to pines for a forestry cabin stay mtb weekend soon so the hugger will be very uesfull as you get very dirty if its wet around Sherwood..i dont want to be cleaning kit after every ride..

mrbikerboy73

Über Member
Much as I love my MTB's, the South Downs where I live get so muddy during a wet winter that they become almost unrideable due to severe clogging to the point the wheels won't even go round! Not really my idea of an enjoyable bike ride. But I do love the countryside, the lack of traffic and the variety of terrain.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Same around here @mrbikerboy73 ,most of the fields bridleways and tracks are just hopeless this time of year..great for 8,9 months tho

Top Bottom