I know I'm going to regret this, but........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

The only hills in Lincolnshire are in Lincoln :rolleyes:

scook94

Veteran
If only you'd held the camera horizontally instead of leaning to the side we'd have appreciated the terrain properly.

I think this is what you actually saw isn't it?

102cf93c2758535009e46c5ee7b771c5.jpg

simon_brooke

ComedyPilot said:
CP gives a knowing 'wink' to Gerry, and wonders if the deniers of the Lincolnshire Wolds hillyness really know what lies therein?

I bet they'd pop a lung going from Caistor to Louth?

So how many thousand metres of ascent is that? 0.005?

I can hit the 300 metre contour within 3Km of my front door, and that's not a big hill.

Ranger

Gerry Attrick said:
for all you doubters out there who tell me Lincolnshire is flat and boring, I took this photograph today on a ride around the wolds.

Just please don't all arrive here together because passport control can handle only two at a time!

30tjmzp.jpg

Where I originally come from that is mountainous.

The village I was born and raised in was below sea-level and we got nosebleeds if we went on the top deck of a bus:biggrin:

Still can't do hills, but give me a good headwind and I love it

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
simon_brooke said:
So how many thousand metres of ascent is that? 0.005?

I can hit the 300 metre contour within 3Km of my front door, and that's not a big hill.

That is not the point.

People said there were no hills in Lincolnshire, and Gerry has shown there are.

If anyone wishes to try and cycle from Caistor to Louth they'll find out the hard way. 18 miles & 1800 feet of climbing.

One poster from Luton scoffed, yet 16 miles Luton to Stevenage only produces 900 feet of climbing. Are we to assume Bedfordshire is flatter than Lincolnshire?

OP
OP
Gerry Attrick

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Thanks CP. Between us we may succeed in educating these non-believers.

The point of my photograph was not to illustrate a hill, otherwise I would have photographed a hill with a road on it. My OP alluded to the impression that some people have that Lincolnshire is flat and boring. My photograph serves IMHO to illustrate the beautiful countryside that the county boasts. Next time I'm out that way, I'll photograph some proper hills and give the OS references. The doubters may then be in a position of knowledge instead of jumping on the sneering bandwagon as some of you have.

Please don't assume from this that I have spat out my dummy, the title of my thread made it clear that I expected this. I couldn't give a fig if you don't wish to avail yourselves of quiet, well-surfaced (in the main) roads and countryside to die for.

CP, myself and many other lucky types have the roads to ourselves.

Top Bottom