i need a ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
are there any imformal groups ,rides clubs near thurmaston leicester, did look at leicester road club , but found them clicky un welcombing and well enough said, i just want to ride my bike ps anything more than 60 miles or 16 mph ave and im in trouble

You have PM Steve!

TVC

I've thought for a while that we in the East Midlands are the least sociable of the CCers. While the York Posse practically live together, The Londoners all go out riding to the coast at night, we never organise anything round here (except Rogers open day, which I have still failed to get to despite it being 2 miles down the road cycle path).

Perhaps an East Midlands outing is long overdue.

BTW Steve, I'm in Aylestone.

The Velvet Curtain said:
I've thought for a while that we in the East Midlands are the least sociable of the CCers. While the York Posse practically live together, The Londoners all go out riding to the coast at night, we never organise anything round here (except Rogers open day, which I have still failed to get to despite it being 2 miles down the road cycle path).

Perhaps an East Midlands outing is long overdue.

BTW Steve, I'm in Aylestone.

Well, I organised a fixed gear ride and one CC'r [4F] came all the way from Felixstowe to ride with us. I propose we start a 4 seasons ride, as it sounds, a ride in each season of the year [we could of course meet more often informally but this would at least be a starter]. Steve52 came out with us today and I'm sure he would support this. I think maybe we need to start a new thread open to all in the East Midlands area or indeed any CC'r anywhere who wants to come and join in. We have plenty of superb cycling country around here with good cafe stops.
Just need a bit of enthusiasm. I'm willing to start a thread in this forum entitled something like - Bang in the middle 4 Seasons CC Ride or whatever anyone else thinks. If this is acceptable we need to organise a date for the first one [winter] before I post.
What does anyone think?

TVC

I like your idea totallyfixed, may I suggest a meet up in the Loughborough area as it's between the three golden cities of the Great East Midlands.

Good idea VC, I'm thinking the first ride might be from somewhere like Barrow Upon Soar, easy for all to get to and has a station. The ride could be between Christmas and New Year as the winter one, and my suggestion would be 28th, 29th or 30th December.
Ok going to post as another thread on this forum, reckon we have about 5 people to start the ball rolling, but let's see. Just don't want this to crash and burn.

donkey

Hi all just spotted this thread and i live in the east midlands and would be keen to join in but the trail seems to have gone cold.Why:sad:

TVC

donkey said:
Hi all just spotted this thread and i live in the east midlands and would be keen to join in but the trail seems to have gone cold.Why:sad:

Because we're all a bit anti-social around here. Where exactly are you donkey?

donkey

im in Burton-on-Trent but only 2 minutes from the Derbyshire border so most of my riding is between Burton and ashbourne.

3tyretrackterry

i am in leicester and am game though am on a trike i do have an old Mtb for commuting but would prefer to ride the trike. a more social ride would be my cup of tea. i tend to ride around cropston,rothley Bradgate park and out to loughborough. I have been as far as the cloud trail. not afraid of hills though am a bit slow up them
Ian

Top Bottom