I thought I had it tough..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My recent serious illness has left me intolerant of people complaining about trivial problems, and very much in awe of people who cope with conditions worse than mine, especially those who may never recover but somehow keep on smiling.

Good luck to both of the people mentioned by mickle, and to anybody else with serious medical problems.

To those of you who currently doing okay:
  1. Don't moan about trivia - appreciate your good fortune.
  2. Take good care of yourself. You can't really do much about morons with a death-wish driving into you, but you can do a lot to stay healthy and fit. I didn't do enough and it nearly killed me - I won't be making that mistake again!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Just curious, Mickle, what's your job?

He tests bike helmets for a living. :thumbsup:

Arch

Married to Night Train
  1. Don't moan about trivia - appreciate your good fortune.

I'd alter that slightly. Feel free to moan about trivia, but always remember it IS trivia. For example, my workmates and I are constantly moaning to each other about the trivial annoyances of the job, it's a way of bonding. But we're all grounded enough to recognise that at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter, and the fun and interest of the job, and the camaraderie outweigh the gripes.

classic33

Leg End Member
Mickle, I've an idea/appreciation of what you've been through & your last one night stay in hospital, for it. My stay in hospital, similar reasons as yourself, was interesting for other reasons.

One elderly man in the same ward, male surgical, went missing during the night. Having removed everything that was running into him. I found him, in the toilets, in a cubicle, unwilling to open the door. I spent the remainder of the night on his bed, talking to him. Number tattoed onto his arm.
It turned out that he'd woken during the night, found all the tubes attached to him. Convinced he was elsewhere, time & location, and just ripped them out. Before making his way to the toilets, where even the fact that it was light/well lit confused him.

I'd been awake anyway & being plied with plenty of fluids, get the waterworks working. I don't compare what I'd had done, to be anywhere near as bad as what he went through, on that night alone.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'd alter that slightly. Feel free to moan about trivia, but always remember it IS trivia. For example, my workmates and I are constantly moaning to each other about the trivial annoyances of the job, it's a way of bonding. But we're all grounded enough to recognise that at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter, and the fun and interest of the job, and the camaraderie outweigh the gripes.
Okay, yes - I'd agree with that.

It's the life-threatening ingrowing toenails or reacting to minor colds as if they were pneumonia that bug me.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Well there is a plus. The idiots driving will never reproduce.
Although they got off lightly. They don't have to live with what they have done.

Are you the cycling world's equivalent to a counsellor, Mickle? I'm sorry to have been on this forum for the time I have and to not know...

Anyway, sometimes it takes a look at others to see how things could be so much worse and I admire, given your own situation, your sound perspective on this. All power to you Mickle and I hope this light of yours reaches those at the other end.

:sun:

Top Bottom