ID Reynolds 753 frame?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rhm

The geometry looks funky. Do you have a photo of it built up? Seeing it as a bike might help jog some fading memories.

OP
OP
Dave Scrimshaw

Dave Scrimshaw

Sorry this is how the frame came. I will be building it up with items of my own to make a bike to sprint around on rather than longer distances. I am coming to the conclusion it is a Columbus EL tubing looking at the weight and the fact it was recommended for TT frames. It does have triangular seat stays 16x11mm. Not seen these on other frames so need to look into that more.

Venod

Eh up
Those '753 Renovated' stickers were only available from authorised builders and restorers

I needed some 531 stickers for a Genuine 531 frame & forks, I made my own using images downloaded then reverse printed them onto a sticker sheet, they were undistinguishable from the original, so while a Reynolds sticker is a good starting point it may not always be genuine.

OP
OP
Dave Scrimshaw

Dave Scrimshaw

Finished the bike with this frame, turnes out ot be a Columbus tube set and was built by Tom Borad originally around mid 80's. If I had know this at the time I might not have used the Shimano parts, but the bike is light and rides well. The intension was to make a fast simple bike, which this seems to be.
P2.JPG
P3.JPG
p4.JPG
p5.JPG
P1.JPG

Top Bottom