I'm American. Ask me anything.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Yep rare as hens teeth unlike the US

Yes, we tend to kill less children than our American cousins. Hurrah

Reactions: C R

keithmac

Guru
Our daughters school has a drill for similar as well (any unauthorised or agressive people on site).

For me I think it's a good thing, they understand it's not a common thing to happen but always best to be ready.

Same as Scouts, we have a fire drill but the hut has been there 90 years and never had a fire..

D

Deleted member 26715

I find this fact quite difficult to comprehend, not doubting it is fact,

1. Each day 12 children die from gun violence in America. Another 32 are shot and injured.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I think the last few pages should be in NACA.

markemark

Über Member
Never ever heard of that, a risk assessment would quickly tell anyone that such a thing is not required in the UK

Ming has the answer above

My kids school also had such a drill. It’s not just about an active shooter but any violence that gets into school grounds, eg gangs.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
MOD NOTE:
This is clearly a NCAP matter, so if you wish to keep discussing it, you know where to take it........ –> ..........–> ......... way over there ... to NCAP.

Thank you. :okay:

European robin redbreasts are so much cuter than American robins. Do Americans envy us our robin redbreasts?

The American robin is basically a blackbird with a flashy paint job, but it can't sing as well. Most Americans are unaware that there are birds outside of Merica so have no emotion regarding the matter. For more knowledgeable American, they know that the Merican robin is bigger than the royal English robin and therefore better.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Most Americans are unaware that there are birds outside of Merica so have no emotion regarding the matter.

Some years back we were holidaying in Washington DC.

Heading off on a freeway in a coach to watch the Baltimore Orioles play baseball (which, incredibly, makes cricket look like an exciting adventure sport) our hostess for the event asked "do you have big roads like this in the UK?"

A very insular nation despite all their global meddling.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
The American robin is basically a blackbird with a flashy paint job, but it can't sing as well. Most Americans are unaware that there are birds outside of Merica so have no emotion regarding the matter. For more knowledgeable American, they know that the Merican robin is bigger than the royal English robin and therefore better.

American robins are closely related to the Thrush.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Some years back we were holidaying in Washington DC.

Heading off on a freeway in a coach to watch the Baltimore Orioles play baseball (which, incredibly, makes cricket look like an exciting adventure sport) our hostess for the event asked "do you have big roads like this in the UK?"

A very insular nation despite all their global meddling.

Depends on who you talk to.

Top Bottom