I'm finally here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

walker

Hello All,

its been a while but i've finally arrived in Oz, tuesday night oz time to be exact. and the rain just hasn't stopped today, nuffin like bringing the weather with me:biggrin:

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Have a good time Walker. How long you stopping? Where are you? Perth is nice, I was there in 95.

ChrisKH

Guru
Best of luck walker. No chance of me handing over the CycleChat shirt to you on the Tilbury-Gravesend ferry now is there?:smile:

I do like Australia. Some nice warm weather cycling coming up for you then.

Globalti

Legendary Member
walker said:
no different to the UK if you ask me

...except that in the UK you can take a walk without being bitten or eaten by something nasty lurking in the bushes, you can enjoy a pint of freshly-brewed real beer rather than freezing industrial fizz, you can enjoy all kinds of cultural pursuits, you can buy Marmite, some people know how to drive and you get proper weather. (All this was told to me recently by someone who has just returned after emigrating a couple of years ago!)

Arch

Married to Night Train
ComedyPilot said:
About a quarter of the population of the uk crammed into over ten times the area, yeah, no different to the uk, ha ha.;)

To be fair, an awful lot of that area isn't inhabited, or at least only very very sparsely. I don't know, but I'd imagine the mainly inhabited area is fairly small... Anyone know?

yenrod

G'day - soz coudnt resist that !

;)

Arch said:
To be fair, an awful lot of that area isn't inhabited, or at least only very very sparsely. I don't know, but I'd imagine the mainly inhabited area is fairly small... Anyone know?

Well, I'm not too sure, but I read a statistic once (somewhere) that 90% of the population live within 30 km of the coast.

TVC

Not jealous at all Walker, still I will be joining you in October, if only for a month. I'll be in Sydney and Cairns, I'll pop over for a beer, I understand Perth is just down the road :biggrin:

Top Bottom