I'm outta Budapest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Unicum is a man's drink?

funny-sleeping-position-drunken-man.jpeg

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Having drank nearly a litre of the stuff I have to disagree. Currently carrying a further litre of it and a bottle of absinthe for good measure.

No sign of pies though....
In one go @vernon ? :eek:

robjh

Legendary Member
Have you tried the pálinka yet - the clear plum-flavoured spirit and much the same as the slivovica mentioned elsewhere. You occasionally find it in apple or cherry flavours too. Now that's a man's drink!
Also some quite drinkable local wines in the areas you'll be passing through....

In the absence of pies I'd be washing it down with a greasy lángos, those big slabs of deep-fried dough topped with cheese or sugar that they sell from vans and food stalls all over Hungary.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Have you tried the pálinka yet - the clear plum-flavoured spirit and much the same as the slivovica mentioned elsewhere. You occasionally find it in apple or cherry flavours too. Now that's a man's drink!
Also some quite drinkable local wines in the areas you'll be passing through....

In the absence of pies I'd be washing it down with a greasy lángos, those big slabs of deep-fried dough topped with cheese or sugar that they sell from vans and food stalls all over Hungary.....

I've made a note.....

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
You sure they weren't playing a hose on the window. :cheers:

Nope. I was outdoors in Budapest for nine hours worth of the rain. Might as well get wet internally as well as externally.

Top Bottom