Incompetent garages!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Just a quick lol..van went in for a new nearside wheel bearing and they fitted a new off side..
great..its now another 206 quid to fix the nearside bearing..and garage has said they may beable to giveme a little bit of discout ,but there a difficult job.....mind you your getting lots of foooking practice at my expense so maybe ill just go elsewhere..

good init

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I agree - this sounds fishy beyond the bounds of all reason and needs reporting.
Had you not noticed the paperwork there is every possibility that the first you'd have known about it would have been then the police stopped you for no MOT and seized your car.

I had a main dealer ring me to advise that my car needed new brake discs and pads in order to pass it's MOT. They got all confused when I asked if that was the same discs and pads that they'd replaced at the service they'd carried out less than 2 months previously...when they eventually rang me back after "looking into it" they gave me a load of guff about the ringing the wrong customer...:dry:
I often had similar conversations with garages when I was in the car fleet business.:thumbsdown:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Just a quick lol..van went in for a new nearside wheel bearing and they fitted a new off side..
great..its now another 206 quid to fix the nearside bearing..and garage has said they may beable to giveme a little bit of discout ,but there a difficult job.....mind you your getting lots of foooking practice at my expense so maybe ill just go elsewhere..

good init
You shouldn't have to pay for the offside one - they have done work that you did not authorise. Tell them to feel free to put the old, still-working offside bearing back on the car if while the change the nearside one if they don't want to lose the cost of the part...at their expense, naturally.

(At least it's not as bad as a surgeon removing the wrong leg or the wrong kidney!)

Top Bottom