Inflating Badgers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
bonj said:
"if they are still airtight" being the operative word...
I'll believe it when I see it.

Well, a badger caught a glancing blow by a car needn't have punctured skin, and anyway, it's the interior body cavity that needs to be intact, rather than just the skin...

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Sorry, no picture, the offending Badger has now dissapeared.

I can only assume that it's either popped, or the local Badger inflation department have relocated it elsewhere as a cyclist calming measure.

monnet

Guru
I'd not seen a badger (inflated or otherwise) until I moved to the south west. My first experience was to see one dead, on it's back rigamortis setting in. I saw it when I was absolutely on my limit having just been dropped by the chaingang 10 miles from home and was at the 'should I try to get back on or just quit now' stage when I saw the badger and the first thought that went throuh my mind as I saw it's black and white snout was:

'sh1t! A panda!'

I still can't believe that thought went through my head!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I'm quite concerned about the lack of dead badgers. At one stage I use to judge my audax ride by the number of badger corpses spotted leading to a personal best of a 'three badger ride'.

This year, I have not seen any dead badgers from my bike though there's one that I've driven past a few times on the A64 on the outskirts of Leeds.

Are there fewer dead badgers because there's fewer live badgers provide the feedstock for roadkill?

A couple of years ago I got really excited when, cycling through the Carmargue, I spotted a dead coypu. Ten kilometers and six corpses later, I lost interest.

sticky sherbert

Loads of dead Badgers round here, they do inflate but not half as much as they bl**dy smell :wacko:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Schrodinger's Badger?

In Schrödinger’s original thought experiment he describes how one could, in principle, transform a superposition inside an atom to a large-scale superposition of a live and dead cat by coupling cat and atom with the help of a ‘‘diabolical mechanism.’’ He proposed a scenario with a cat in a sealed box, where the cat's life or death was dependent on the state of a subatomic particle. According to Schrödinger, the Copenhagen interpretation implies that the cat remains both alive and dead until the box is opened.

.... or it explodes.....

Top Bottom