Iphone as Bike Computer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

abrooks100

Hi All,
Have been cycling seriously now for about 3 months, first thing I did after I bought my bike was to check out the best Iphone Applications for cycling. I bought myself a holder which clips onto my bars and all is good.
Was just wondering if anyone else is using their Iphones as GPS/ Cycling Computers and what apps they are using.
I started off using 'IMapmyRide' but have now found 'Trails' to be much better. I can log all the data during ride then upload striaght to everytrail.

Being fairly new to the cycling world was just after peoples opinions on what apps they use and what websites are the best for uploading all your rides too.

Any Thoughts? Am I using the best app in 'Trails' or is there a better one out there?

Adam

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I use Cychosis to log all my data off my bike computer. it creates graphs on the fly etc.. and it auto tweets my rides as well.

I shall try the free trails on the way home tonight. although looks like a pain to set up and if it is i won't bother.

OP
OP
A

abrooks100

I previously looked at Cychosis and thought it looked good however the main feature I like is GPS importing and exporting routes that seems missing from this app.
Also does Cychosis log any live data whilst cycling? e.g Average Speed, Distance etc?
I do however like the automated twitter updates that is missing from the 'Trails' app.
I am trying to find the ultimate app I guess so that there is no need for a Bike Computer and my Iphone.
I would recommed trying trails though, really not that difficult to set up at all, just start a new route and imput all the names, titles etc in afterwards.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
harryhead said:
iPhone is really useful. I just recently downloaded some cheap cycling apps. : )

If you get an Android phone, the apps are free :angry:

Top Bottom