iphones

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domd1979

Veteran
Yep. Have been quite impressed with it.

bonj said:
has anyone got one? if so what do you think about it

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
would love one, because it's an apple product, and just for the gadgetry of it. but, as someone who doesn't use a normal cell phone that often, i'm not daft enough to get into the sort of contract you need to get one.

peanut

I'd love one too as I'm a gadget freak but the cost is so high I've managed to hold off until now.
The new G3 version is not all it was expected to be by all accounts.

I've never used an MP3 player although I always have dozens in the house . I have a miniature laptop for a year and never use that either.

I bought 2x 02 XDA Mini S computer fones when they came out. Sent the Wife's back (she didn't like it) left mine on the shelf for a year and sold it for shirt buttons. Too fiddly you see

I'd have one if I didn't have to sign up for 18 months

Melvil

peanuts said:
I'd love one too as I'm a gadget freak but the cost is so high I've managed to hold off until now.
The new G3 version is not all it was expected to be by all accounts.

I've never used an MP3 player although I always have dozens in the house . I have a miniature laptop for a year and never use that either.

I bought 2x 02 XDA Mini S computer fones when they came out. Sent the Wife's back (she didn't like it) left mine on the shelf for a year and sold it for shirt buttons. Too fiddly you see

I'd have one if I didn't have to sign up for 18 months

Why doesn't the G3 live up to expectations? Just curious.

U

User482

A chap at work has one. It doesn't do anything my Nokia won't, but it is so much nicer to use.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I don't need one. The Sony Ericsson phones I've had have always been well-designed and had a good Walkman and camera.
I have the Sony K800i and have been happy with it except that I am on my third in less then a year due to breakdown. Also I can't use normal earphones with it as it doesn't have a 3.5mm jack.

I am thinking of replacing it with a Nokia N95 but I don't know if it is good enough or will last with my level of phone abuse.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

i'm not after it for a phone, really, I'm after it 'cos I want a new mp3 player.
So i had thought of getting an ipod. I could get an ipod nano for, about, £120?
Alternatively i could get an iphone for £99 on a £30-a-month contract with O2. Which is an mp3 player, but aswell as a phone it's also an internet browser, email sender, camera, and GPS.
I would have to pay a bit to end my current contract but not that much and when you look at it like that it seems good value.
I'm not really that interested in the politics of 'tempting you to upgrade' and what not, i'm just interested in how effective it is at what it does and how good the experience of using it is.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Night Train said:
I have the Sony K800i and have been happy with it except that I am on my third in less then a year due to breakdown. Also I can't use normal earphones with it as it doesn't have a 3.5mm jack.
i've got a W810i, and the fact that I can't use whatever headphones i want with it is my main beef with it.
that and the fact its gui is bloody annoying to use.

Night Train said:
I am thinking of replacing it with a Nokia N95 but I don't know if it is good enough or will last with my level of phone abuse.

just get insurance for it, it covers accidental damage. Or just try not chucking it around :rolleyes:;)
I've heard N95s are great though, they apparently run windows CE, so the world's your lobster. (and they've got GPS)

domd1979

Veteran
Though the Iphone has a standard size headphone jack, its slightly recessed into the case of the phone which means most non-Apple standard headphones won't plug into it. You can get adapter gizmos to get round that though.

bonj said:
has it got a standard headphone jack though?

surfgurl

Having only recently upgraded my phone to one that has a basic camera, I realise I am not ideally suited to offer my opinion. However I work in a school and several of the kids have iphones. I've had a go on the iphone and to me they seem pretty good, easy to use etc. At least two of the kids have broken the screens on them, usual kid stuff of having them in their pocket when they play football etc. From what they said it cost a bit and was inconvenient to send it off to get a new screen.

Top Bottom