Is it me or does Stehen Roche....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
jpembroke said:
Wait until Sky start showing cycling. Then we'll get stats, graphics, speeds, stuff about the bikes, and a team of class presenters in a decent looking studio.

and you'll be able to select which camera you want to watch.

it'll be great.

Until they buy it up and get exclusive UK coverage only on Sky Sports or even Sky Sports Interactive services, which no other provider in the UK has access to.

jpembroke

Seriously though, if there's going to be a Sky Team, it makes you wonder what'll happen to TV coverage.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
rich p said:
I don't think Eurosport will give up cycling - they do all the GTs, the classics and many others.

Of course they won't give up cycling. What I'm saying is that not being up on Cycling Sports rights is there anything stopping them? Is there any particular rule to stop them getting say exclusive Tour de France rights in the UK? Or either of the other grand tours. Or any of the other pro races?

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
marinyork said:
Of course they won't give up cycling. What I'm saying is that not being up on Cycling Sports rights is there anything stopping them? Is there any particular rule to stop them getting say exclusive Tour de France rights in the UK? Or either of the other grand tours. Or any of the other pro races?

Of course money talks but what I'm saying is that cycling is such an important part of Eurosport that they won't give it up IMO.

jpembroke

What Sky wants, Sky tends to get: Premiership football, Premier Rugby, Super League, Ryder Cup, Cricket. If Sky wanted exclusive rights to the TdF - which I could see happening if their Sky team is in it - then they will probably get them. Whether or not Eurosport want to give them up is immaterial. The BBC probably didn't want to lose the rights to show football, rugby and cricket but it happened. Infact the more I read about the Sky Team and their Tour de France ambitions the unlikely it seems to me that they wont be covering it on Sky Sports.

Top Bottom