Is my bike run out of date?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon.r

Person
Some of it is about the bike.

I'm certain that if I was on a Dogma and Bradley Wiggins was on a 3 speed shopper he'd thrash me, but if I was on a Dogma I'd be quicker than I would be on a shopper.

Having said that, I can't imagine a top end 3 year old frame being significantly slower than a new frame, but as already mentioned, things like worn or badly maintained hubs, chains and mechs might make a difference. Riding with 'sticky' hubs is definitely noticeable.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Dont listen to the bike snobs, oooh my bike costs £5k and is much better/faster than yours.i have a mate like that, he cant deal with me pasting him on a sprint everytime with my £1k Merida whilst his outfit costs over £4k.ways u can get faster include getting aerobars(i did it and my speed on flats shoots up by avg 2/3kph)...riding in the drops more..training more..i would suggest upgrading wheelset but you say you have campag eurus which are very good,why not have the hubs serviced? Again dont listen to the Pinarello idiots, they have bought a bike that is too good for their level and they need to justify the overspend somehow
That last few lines is a bit presumptious and smacks of jealousy....

To the OP....train, train and train a bit more

bladesman73

Über Member
Nah not jealousy,i could afford a dogma if i wanted to,im just not stupid enough to do it..however for some people they need to spend 5k plus on a bike to make themselves look better than everyone else,like the rapha fools...cycling for the golf club set
That last few lines is a bit presumptious and smacks of jealousy....

To the OP....train, train and train a bit more

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Nah not jealousy,i could afford a dogma if i wanted to,im just not stupid enough to do it..however for some people they need to spend 5k plus on a bike to make themselves look better than everyone else,like the rapha fools...cycling for the golf club set
But isnt upto them to buy and ride whar the desire and wallet allows

Same as porsche, ferrari and lambo drivers.......each to their own

Top Bottom