Is there any fuss free way of getting I bike from London to central Leeds?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Acyclo

Veteran
I'm thinking of buying a bike on That Ebay, but it's in London and it's listed as collection only. Is there any fuss free way of getting it shipped to me? Ideas plz.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Depends on the seller. I've shipped a bike using a courier (forget which one) arranged by and paid for by the receiving party. But I had to box it up. If the seller doesn't want to do that ... I'm out of ideas.

vickster

Legendary Member
There are couriers such as Paisley Freight for bike shipping. But it depends if the seller is happy to box it all up, wait for the courier to collect and take any risk that it goes awol.
Personally when I have sold bikes, always collection only, I have refused to courier.
But you can only ask the seller

davidphilips

Veteran
Contact the seller if he does not have any bids he might post it? If you do ask the seller add that most bike shops will give a cardboard box for free apart from some work and tape its an easy process.
Can understand why some sellers advertise as collection only, its not the posting but some have sold a great bike only for a seller to either say not as described then the seller has to pay the return postage as well as losing his own postage charges.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I shipped a bike recently to Scotland - the buyer sent a box and the courier picked the bike up.

Another was with a courier who collected it without dismantling; a 'man and a van' type service who worked across the country.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Point to point couriers can be fairly reasonable and often do not need the item packaged.

Might be worth having a Google.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
When you factor in the cost of courier and the hassle of packaging, it might be easier to catch a train there and back. One way advance tickets can be bought for as little as £20.

Top Bottom