Is this a bad sign......?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Lisa21

Lisa21

Mooching.............
SD....hope your feeling better today and not too pis**d from the medicinal Whisky:biggrin:

Plax - Im in Bodelwyddan, not far from good old sunny Rhyl.

Still feeling like something a cat has sicked up but am going to make up for my 2 rideless days over the weekend so watch this space!!

longers

Legendary Member
Lisa21 said:
Still feeling like something a cat has sicked up but am going to make up for my 2 rideless days over the weekend so watch this space!!

Take it easy Lisa, listen to your body*, you could end up worse off if you overdo it at the wrong time.

*it may try and lie to you, so be prepared to over rule it ;)

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Been feeling rough all day - haven't made it out for a ride Today :biggrin:
Went back to bed until lunchtime, then a trip to ASDA. Now lounging on the sofa - already watched 2 episodes of the Shield (season 6) ;)

Whiskey just doesn't do anything for me Lisa. There's a very expensive bottle of single malt in the room (Flatmate likes a tipple) but I just couldn't :biggrin:

I really hope I feel better tomorrow because I want to go out on a 40+ miler in the morning!

Regards,
SD

OP
OP
Lisa21

Lisa21

Mooching.............
I hate Whisky too-would prob finish me off!!! Hope you feel better tomorrow hun and go for your ride. 40 miles tho-blimey.....im gettin excited at the prospect of MAYBE managing my first 30:tongue: Hope im as fit as you are one day:biggrin:
Oh, and nurse Lisa recommends a hot bath and an early night for you sir!!

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Lisa21 said:
Hope im as fit as you are one day:biggrin:
Oh, and nurse Lisa recommends a hot bath and an early night for you sir!!

Haha - couldn't be more wrong Lisa! I actually go backwards sometimes trying to go up hills ;) You will soon be doing longer rides, I think. It's not that difficult to build up from 15 and 20 milers to rides of 40 miles and more. Many here will be sniggering, as they go far, FAR further than the Duck :sad:

The hot bath and early night sounds like a decent option though.

Thanks,
SD

OP
OP
Lisa21

Lisa21

Mooching.............
Think your right SD-when I started a weenie 6 mile ride half killed me and I swore id never go that distance again as it was too far!!!!!!!!!:becool:Now however it just isnt far enough and id be gutted if that was all I had time to do.

My addiction is taking a hold and nobody can help me,heehee!!!

Oh and if your reading this Mr Duck sir you havent taken my advice of an early night so get to bed..................................:biggrin: !!!!!!!!! xx

OP
OP
Lisa21

Lisa21

Mooching.............
True.................must be just me thats the lazy one,heehee!!!

Im feeling better now, must be the thought of no work for two days:hyper:

Hope the morning finds you fit and well. Im off to have my VERY healthy tea in a bit...................................................................................
PEPPERONI PIZZA - yummy!!!!!:biggrin:

Will cycle it all off tomorrow:biggrin:

Plax

Guru
Lisa21 said:
SD....hope your feeling better today and not too pis**d from the medicinal Whisky:biggrin:

Plax - Im in Bodelwyddan, not far from good old sunny Rhyl.

Thought you might be somewhere over that end with you working in a Zoo, I immediately thought Colwyn Bay end somewhere reading that thread.

Have you managed your 30 miler yet? If you fancied riding with a group that don't fly round the place faster than the speed of light there are CTC groups in Wrexham & Chester. There is also a Colwyn Bay group where you don't have to be a CTC member; http://www.cyclingnorthwales.co.uk/pages/rides w_colw.htm They all usually do 30-40 odd milers at a very sedate pace. I'm over Llanberis end so I'm with the Eryri CTC, although we did do the Early Season Tourist Trial 50 miler organised by the Chester CTC earlier this month. That was fun.

Top Bottom