Is this morally wrong...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
Arch said:
Oh, for god's sake yenners, what planet are you on? Don't need to explain, or suddenly find you can't because you posted without thinking properly?

On the subject of RE, Dom, I think there's a difference between brain washing, and learning about a large wodge of human culture, whether you happen to believe in it or not. When I did RE at school we learned in equal measure about the basic tenets of the world religions, so I don't see how that is brainwashing, since I'm now (and was then) pretty much agnostic. And I'm only not atheist because I know logically that I can't prove God doesn't exist...

Yeah, that's what they want you to believe! :biggrin:

yenrod said:
I don't need to explain that.

The Rape thread was pulled double-quick.

Obviously the Forum likes to discuss this subject :biggrin:

You're an idiot Yenners. Please try thinking before you post in future, or at the very least, try reading the other posts on the thread. It's only polite.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Disgruntled Goat said:
Quite. Hardly the bras and frilly knickers the OP was ranting about. Do you know something we don't or were you just having a 'Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells' Freakout?

i know something you don't. trust me, they weren't these ones, i wouldn't have even noticed those. they were proper bra's that looked like push up bra's. These were on the stand too but it was the proper bra's i was having a rant about. not surprisingly, they are not on the website anymore. if i go in the shop and they haven't got rid of them, i will take a photo on my phone and put it on here so you all can see.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
i haven't gone all heavenly. i had to sit and explain to the kid what the Arc of the Covenant was and who moses was and how it ties in with eqyptian history. HISTORY that is, not religion.

i was just pointing out they don't teach this stuff in schools anymore.. how are people supposed to understand films and stuff? and aren't we supposed to teach kids stuff so they can make up their own minds.

i just couldn't believe that someone didn't know who moses was! and if i had gone all heavenly, well so what?

the fact is, we no longer teach religion for fear of offending kids and now we are making bra's for five year olds. in my opinion, thats fecked up and going downhill! and we are going downhill because people are afraid to stand up and say when they think something is wrong.

what is that saying... Evil prevails when good men do nothing??? or something like that.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Just tell the kid that the Arc of the Covenent is really a rotting bongo that is stuck in a musuem in Zimbabwe that Robert Mugabe plays occasionally to thwart the west.

Uncle Mort said:
On reflection, I think you'd probably be excused. But as a catholic, I have little understanding if these things. You may need to ask a jesuit.:tongue:*

*You will never understand the answer. It will probably be in Greek anyway

Doesn't it start off with, "Give me the boy...............?"

Top Bottom