It's Shrove Tuesday tomorrow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hyslop

Veteran
I'll be popping up Miss Goodbody's house to see if she fancies a quick toss. :smile::okay:
Naughty man!Give all that up for Lent:angel::smile:

Cubist

Still wavin'
Puppy training tonight, so dinner is going on in a minute.....slow cooked lamb handi. I might do methi thepla as a starter, and roti with the mains, so the tawa is going to be busy if we have pancakes for pudding.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
No-one has yet mentioned Nutella.... maybe because it's disgusting <barf>

vickster

Legendary Member
Lemon and sugar for me. I think crepe like pancakes are a waste of ingredients, but I'll have a couple to show wiling but am also expecting proper food at friends' place!

Off to the states soon, where the lovely American ones will be consumed for breakfast with maple syrup, fried egg, bacon and sausage :hungry:

Cubist

Still wavin'
Together with the paracord....? :ohmy:

:eek:
No, the infrared camera. Nutella, mixed to squirting consistency with vegetable oil and peanut butter, makes great rat bait. Rats run in clearly marked lines. A squirt of the mixture makes them stop to investigate, and they can't pick it up to run away with it. The infrared CCTV camera mounted to the air rifle scope and coupled with a small blacklight torch and a 4 inch monitor gives you a night vision setup to pick them off in total darkness.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Or sin carne
A friend of mine (actually nearly became my brother in law) used to make a fantastic veggy chilli using minced/chopped peanuts instead of meat. I cooked it once for another mate and his comment was "That's really nice, what meat is it"
David's name for his recipe was 'Chilli sin carne' and the recipe was similar to the meat version in a saucepan but it was then roasted uncovered for about an hour in a flat serving dish to give a finishing touch/crust. :hungry:

Top Bottom