I've buggered me knee.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have: I only went cycling with the dog.

It felt a bit clicky when I got back but it wasn't until I went out for some errands in the car and got back that it went.

I got out the car with me two bags of shoppin' and as I put weight on my right leg and stood up, it went. I went down like a sack of spuds, lobbing two bags of shopping in a perfect parabola over my head. Must have looked quite funny from the other side. Like I'd stepped into a manhole.

Anyway, it was OK after that, so I rounded up the shopping and went in. It did it again a couple more times so I'm iced and Ibuprofen gel'ed up now.

I've always had squiffy knees but they've never short circuited before :biggrin: Ah well, see how it is tomorrow, probably twisted it funny without noticing.

Crackle - you should have taken the bike, not the dog. It's a well known fact that dogs have no pedals (although I have a mate who has K-9s).

There's only one thing for it - hair of the dog, in advance, to make you feel better!

Hope it all turns out in ok.

wafflycat

You were riding the dog and there's mention of an injured knee... I suspect the true story is one not suitable for the refined and delicate ears of CycleChatters... :biggrin:

p.s. hope you knee gets better soon..

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Aperitif said:
Crackle - you should have taken the bike, not the dog. It's a well known fact that dogs have no pedals (although I have a mate who has K-9s).

There's only one thing for it - hair of the dog, in advance, to make you feel better!

Hope it all turns out in ok.

Hare of the dog. That'll be it, he is getting faster. My knee must have exploded trying to keep up.

wafflycat said:
You were riding the dog and there's mention of an injured knee... I suspect the true story is one not suitable for the refined and delicate ears of CycleChatters... :biggrin:

p.s. hope you knee gets better soon..
I had to cover his eyes so he couldn't read that, he's only young. This tail is getting taller.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Sympathies abound Old Chap.

Not in your league by any stretch of the imagination by oddly my old knee wound, sustained in the great Tdr1nka Vs. Angle Grinder debacle of 2006, has been been playing up.

It appears that I must have sustained some nerve damage because I can no longer feel the top of my shin just at the patella. This leaves me with no drawing pin or sharp stone warning when I kneel down.

The odd bit is that I have now discovered that I can feel my shin but only when the side of my leg, that bears the scar, is touched just at the crook of my leg around the tendon.:biggrin:

Freak Power!

OP
OP
C

Crackle

tdr1nka said:
Sympathies abound Old Chap.

Not in your league by any stretch of the imagination by oddly my old knee wound, sustained in the great Tdr1nka Vs. Angle Grinder debacle of 2006, has been been playing up.

It appears that I must have sustained some nerve damage because I can no longer feel the top of my shin just at the patella. This leaves me with no drawing pin or sharp stone warning when I kneel down.

The odd bit is that I have now discovered that I can feel my shin but only when the side of my leg, that bears the scar, is touched just at the crook of my leg around the tendon.:biggrin:

Freak Power!

I'm struggling to see how that is not worse than my knee. It sounds worse with odd witchcrafty powers to boot.

Ashtrayhead

Über Member
Crackle said:

It felt a bit clicky when I got back but it wasn't until I went out for some errands in the car and got back that it went.

I got out the car with me two bags of shoppin' and as I put weight on my right leg and stood up, it went. I went down like a sack of spuds, lobbing two bags of shopping in a perfect parabola over my head. Must have looked quite funny from the other side. Like I'd stepped into a manhole.

Anyway, it was OK after that, so I rounded up the shopping and went in. It did it again a couple more times so I'm iced and Ibuprofen gel'ed up now.

I've always had squiffy knees but they've never short circuited before :smile: Ah well, see how it is tomorrow, probably twisted it funny without noticing.

Is that like a labrador?

yenrod

Aperitif said:

You are Ap - what is know as a smart-arse ! :biggrin:

Crackle said:

I've always had squiffy knees but they've never short circuited before :biggrin: Ah well, see how it is tomorrow, probably twisted it funny without noticing.

Like Ap' said - yuh should've done the shopping with the bike....

Lord above...:smile:

BTW - try a few swimming sessions...that'll ease the stress of getting them moving again...and try not to weight bear them in all positions...

I only wish I had a ready, snappy* answer to these woes. Like do what I neglected to do earlier this year when I did somewhat similar to my knee (it was back last February - in all that snow: remember? We were walking up Wolstonbury. Deep, iced-up drifts at the top of the Downs. Let's take care, I say to missus, easy to slip up on this surface. As I speak, skiiiidddddd....!!! down goes my leg, knee wrenched almost to rupture point, ouch ouch ouch!!! Pulled hamstring, the osteo - not physio - says some time later. Only just clearing up now...)

So trip to the physio, I suggest, crackle. Which is exactly what I didn't do. :smile:

* not literally!

Top Bottom